PDA

View Full Version : fly high 750 in OBV 06 to 08 ?

jmvotto
06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone curently use the 750 in an obv 06 to 08 . how well does it fit and is it worth it compared to using to 400lbs. One filled and one half to 2/3 filled.

thanks for the input.

I was think of putting the 400 up front to elongated the pocket....

Canuckle Head
06-14-2010, 12:33 PM
I have the 750 and it works just fine. It's a tight fit but I'm pretty sure I'm getting it about 95% full. I also got the integrated bow sac and my wake is pretty good for an 07 Outback V.

mnpracing
06-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I just got the 750 in my '06 OBV and tried it this weekend. It seemed to get full or at least mostly full. The surf wake was much better than with the stock 400#. I'm also thinking of putting one of the stock 400's in the bow and possible the other one on the floor in the back. still need to play with it a little.

BobP
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Yup, definitely works. Put in our 08 OBV this year. Also plan to try 400 up front to make longer pocket. As others stated can get almost 100% full. Straight replacement for stock, but check hose lenght as it is fairly tight when sac is full. One connector must have been loose as it popped off when sac was full...noticed bilge running... Basically we were filling the engine compartment at that point.

Wake is definitely bigger. Surfed on it anywhere between 9.8 and 10.6 on perfect pass.

mnpracing
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I added about 12-15 inches to the fill line. I just used 3/4" clear hose from Lowe's. The port on the 750 sac is higher and more towards the middle of the top of the bag, where the 400 is at the end. I may add just two or three inches to the drain line to give some slack when it's full so it won't be pulling on the line.

you da man
06-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I added about 12-15 inches to the fill line. I just used 3/4" clear hose from Lowe's. The port on the 750 sac is higher and more towards the middle of the top of the bag, where the 400 is at the end. I may add just two or three inches to the drain line to give some slack when it's full so it won't be pulling on the line.

When/if you add to the drain line make sure the line does not loop/bend upwards or else it may act like a vented loop and not allow your drain pump to prime. Also, double check to make sure your drain pumps are well below the floor of the v-drive locker. Reason is with the extra weight the boat will list alot more and if the drain pump is not several inches below the water line or below the floor of the v-drive locker, gravity cannot feed the water to the pump and your stuck with all that water in the sac until you can prime the pump.