PDA

View Full Version : Hoist Issues

tprkolbas
06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
i bought a 4000 lb midlander hoist for my 08 LSV. it has 9 ft long bunks. i'm trying to dial in the measurements (width -inside bunk to inside bunk - one both ends) so the boat sits nicely in the hoist when raised.

initially, i had the rear bunks at 31 inches and the front at 18 inches, but the front isn't working out. it seems that maybe the bunks should be parallel from front to back. anyone have it down to a science that could give me a little input?

thanks

jmvotto
06-14-2010, 10:38 AM
The rear should be about 42" and the front slightly closer maybe 36 to 38"

Measure your trailer if you can. also make sure your cross bar height is correct probably 12"

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5280&highlight=bunks

04OUTBACK
06-15-2010, 10:39 PM
not that I am good for much advice.. my hoist broke memorial day.. but, one thing I learned, make sure way more of the front of the boat is sticking out of the lift than the back.
I just put together a new one and spaced the bunks evenly front to back.

key things to watch out for... make sure the bunks aren't resting on raw water intake or speedo wheel.

There is no magic width because the lift bunks are a little diff than trailer. look at your trailer and notice that there are 3 sets.. wide a rear, mid and closer at front.
Make sure you have enough clearance for center tracking fins and shaft/prop!

DOCDRS
06-15-2010, 10:57 PM
ok it all depends how high your bunks are off the cross members, are you using 2x6 2x8 2x10 2x12 or 4's . you have to clear your skegs and your prop shaft thats the major issue.....tghen you want them further apart as the weight on the beams is better distibuted