PDA

View Full Version : when did you start wakeboarding after break in?

loudsubz
06-13-2010, 09:22 AM
right after 7 hours or did you wait longer or shorter? Were at 4.5hrs of break in right now following the guidelines. Not sure if we should start pulling right away after 7 hours are done or wait longer???

dru1974
06-13-2010, 10:26 AM
right after 7 hours or did you wait longer or shorter? Were at 4.5hrs of break in right now following the guidelines. Not sure if we should start pulling right away after 7 hours are done or wait longer???

get in and giver, went for the first time yesterday, water was a crisp 59degrees

Hydrofoiljunky
06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Personally I would break that sucka in and ride right after the mark......................Have you have had any problems during break in so far?

loudsubz
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
No problems thus far on break in so far. The dealer really ran the boat through its paces before we picked it up.

We have been varying RPM's like it mentiones, I usually cruiser around 3-3500 rpm for a bit, then go to idle cruise around 1-1200 rpm, then 2500 rpm or so, never staying in on range for longer than 5-10 minutes.

I'm trying to see where it mentions 10 hours in the manual? In the 2010 guide on the moomba site this is what it has for break in:

BREAK-IN STEPS
For the first hour, do not exceed 2,000 RPM.
For the second hour, do not exceed 3,000 RPM.
For the next five hours, do not exceed 4,000 RPM.

BREAK-IN TIPS
Avoid fast accelerations and do not carry (or pull) a heavy
load during this period.
Always let engine warm up gradually before acceleration.
Check oil frequently. During the first 50 to 100 hours, an
engine can use more oil than usual. Maintain oil at a proper
level at all times (do not overfill).
Monitor transmission fluid levels.
Report abnormal noises or vibrations to your dealer.
Keep an eye out for loose mountings, fittings, nuts, bolts,
and clamps.

cab13367
06-13-2010, 02:54 PM
No problems thus far on break in so far. The dealer really ran the boat through its paces before we picked it up.

We have been varying RPM's like it mentiones, I usually cruiser around 3-3500 rpm for a bit, then go to idle cruise around 1-1200 rpm, then 2500 rpm or so, never staying in on range for longer than 5-10 minutes.

I'm trying to see where it mentions 10 hours in the manual? In the 2010 guide on the moomba site this is what it has for break in:

BREAK-IN STEPS
For the first hour, do not exceed 2,000 RPM.
For the second hour, do not exceed 3,000 RPM.
For the next five hours, do not exceed 4,000 RPM.

BREAK-IN TIPS
Avoid fast accelerations and do not carry (or pull) a heavy
load during this period.
Always let engine warm up gradually before acceleration.
Check oil frequently. During the first 50 to 100 hours, an
engine can use more oil than usual. Maintain oil at a proper
level at all times (do not overfill).
Monitor transmission fluid levels.
Report abnormal noises or vibrations to your dealer.
Keep an eye out for loose mountings, fittings, nuts, bolts,
and clamps.

Looks like 7 hours to me.