PDA

View Full Version : What type/size of bolts hold the swim bracket on?

loudsubz
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Almost lost our swim platform today on our brand new 2010 LSV. I guess the dealer took off the swim platform when they washed/waxed it before delivering it. Went for a ride today and one side had come off and was only a matter of time before the other side lift up and out.

Nothing was damaged so it just needs to go back in and the attached. Are they nuts/bolts or a quick disconnect pin type setup?

02Outback
06-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Same thing happened to me today on my 02 Moomba. One of the bolts had come 90% out because it lost the pin that holds it in on the other side. Luckily the bolt was barely hanging on and I grabbed it. Just cut a piece of thick wire/pin material and put it back and bent it on the other side so it would stay in place.

Not sure on bolt sizes. Sorry.

sandm
06-13-2010, 10:54 AM
the factory pins that they supply with the trick swivel part at the end are junk. they will break and need replaced. clevis pins from home depot are the way to go. they are stronger and won't break/fall out like the factory pins will/do.

loudsubz
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Your right the dealer should have provided them, but they are over 2 hours away and I have a feeling they took off the platform to wax/clean and put it back on and forgot to add them. Since the stock pins don't seem that great I will take this time to upgrade.

thanks for the tips, will check out HD for those pins.

cab13367
06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
the factory pins that they supply with the trick swivel part at the end are junk. they will break and need replaced. clevis pins from home depot are the way to go. they are stronger and won't break/fall out like the factory pins will/do.

I guess I've been lucky. I'm on my 4th season and 120 hours and the stock pins have held up so far.

Sled491
06-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Same here, 4th season 150 hrs no probs. My guess is that the dealer forgot to put them back in. Size I believe is 1/4", 5/16th at the max

viking
06-13-2010, 03:17 PM
The pins the come stock on them are called "swivel lock pins". You can't find them at any of the DIY stores. They are even tough to find online. Alot of others have used clevis pins or tab-lock pins.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9168&highlight=swim+platform+pins