PDA

View Full Version : Moomba For Sale CHEAP!!!

tazz3069
06-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Came across this this afternoon. Could be a great fixer upper.

you da man
06-12-2010, 07:56 PM
That hurts Tazz. Thats just a short drive from my house

viking
06-13-2010, 01:55 AM
that's not very nice tazz!
Watched the video and looked at the pics on wakeworld.com and cringed the whole time :(

Noticed that moomba there too! What a sad day..............

you da man
06-13-2010, 04:38 AM
that's not very nice tazz!
Watched the video and looked at the pics on wakeworld.com and cringed the whole time :(

Noticed that moomba there too! What a sad day..............

Did you notice the red and white Mobius that was snapped in half just in front of the windshield?

sandm
06-13-2010, 10:42 AM
well, on the positive side, there's a lot of boat owners that will be shopping for new machines.. keeps the economy moving.. although insurance rates might go up :(

you da man
06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
well, on the positive side, there's a lot of boat owners that will be shopping for new machines.. keeps the economy moving.. although insurance rates might go up :(

Looks like Mastercraft will win that one...lot of X-stars and X-2's in those photos. Texas Ski Ranch which stocks alot (I mean alot) of MC will definately do well

Sled491
06-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Only if they had insurance, if not money says they go to Moomba!

jmvotto
06-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Ouch...

these pics are such a shame.

jokid
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I have a buddy whos parents bought a lake house last year on Lake McQueeney. They lost their boat and two waverunners. His boat was one of them that went over the dam. Lets just say they were not happy campers. This happens periodically here in south texas. Just one of those things that you can count on to happen every so often.

tazz3069
06-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Sorry guys. I did not start this thread to be mean. Bad choice of threads to start. It is sad to see all that damage not only to the boats, but to the community. We also have very bad storms in Vegas every so often. We have Monsoon rains in the summer. As a matter of fact, they are right around the corner. It could rain about 24" to 36" in an hour. They really bad part about this is, the Las Vegas Valley, is behind the times when it comes to drainage. We do not have it. There has been, several times, that communities have been destroyed, families without homes, and lives lost because of the rains here. A few years ago, when the monsoons hit, the water was has high as a 8' retaining wall. All of the flood basin filled up with water and debris which clogged all the outlets. Unfortunately, Vegas does things backwards. They build a community, set the black top, let people get all excited, then they tear it up for a few months because the need to add rain gutters, storm drains, and a way for the water to head into our lovely Lake Mead. Again, I am sorry for started this. I did not mean any harm by it alt all.
Tazz

Sled491
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Tazz no one is blaming your for that horrific site, no worries. My comments like others were just about the carnage and what mother nature is cabable of!

tazz3069
06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I know I just felt bad. Speaking of feeling bad, Remember the 2007 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab that I bought that you wanted so bad, well it is in the shop again. It needs a new Turbo, DPF Filter, EGR system including a new sensor, and a new catalyst. The new emissions crap they tried on the truck failed. I am not a happy camper with the truck right now. I night be looking to get the new 2011 or wait for the 2012 Truck Looking at either the Ford F250 or F350 truck. I only have about 26000 miles on the truck, 3 Turbos, 1 ECU, a new Transfer case, and now all the stuff mentioned above, I have had it.
Tazz

Sled491
06-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Yikes, that sucks Tazz. I'm not having such great luck with my F250 either but more on the chasis side. 2 new front wheel bearings (same side within a month), both sets rear springs broken, 3 drive shaft repairs, and a rear oil pump sensor let go. I'm very dissapointed as well. I wish I still had my old Dodge!

you da man
06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I know I just felt bad. Speaking of feeling bad, Remember the 2007 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab that I bought that you wanted so bad, well it is in the shop again. It needs a new Turbo, DPF Filter, EGR system including a new sensor, and a new catalyst. The new emissions crap they tried on the truck failed. I am not a happy camper with the truck right now. I night be looking to get the new 2011 or wait for the 2012 Truck Looking at either the Ford F250 or F350 truck. I only have about 26000 miles on the truck, 3 Turbos, 1 ECU, a new Transfer case, and now all the stuff mentioned above, I have had it.
Tazz

What the hell happened to your truck? I have an 07 Mega Cab 2500 but with the 5.9L...is yours the 6.7L?

tazz3069
06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
What the hell happened to your truck? I have an 07 Mega Cab 2500 but with the 5.9L...is yours the 6.7L?

Yes it's the 6.7L. Nothing but problems. I think the 6.7 were the Test Lab Rat of the fleet. I love the truck, just the engine is giving me all the problems. Towing, awesome, Suspension awesome, engine crap. I wish I would have kept my Hemi. Big mistake trading in my Truck. Just like this forum, I belong to the www.cumminsforum.com There are tons of guys there with nothing but problems with their trucks. There is even a class action lawsuit against Chrysler. I am a part of that. I would love for them to buy the truck back so I can purchase something more reliable. Can't tow the Moomba on a broken truck.

viking
06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I've been more than happy with my 07 Classic GMC Sierra 2500HD. It's the LBZ motor (before they put on all the emissions crap) so it's quiet, lots of power, and very reliable. Put a PPE tune on it and go :)

moombadaze
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
dang that sucks to hear about the truck Tazz-you too Sled. One of the tech's I work with just lost his 2nd injector on his duarmax in the last 2 months-they told him its the low sulfer fuel messing it up, told him to run a additive every other fill up. oh- up till now had been trouble free-190k miles. He is changing all them out to the tune of about $4k.

viking
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
told him to run a additive every other fill up.

Good Idea. I've been doing that since I got mine last November. I run the Power Diesel winter stuff in the winter to prevent gelling and then switched to the summer stuff about April. It's a small price to pay when you figure $4K can buy alot of addative over the years.

you da man
06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes it's the 6.7L. Nothing but problems. I think the 6.7 were the Test Lab Rat of the fleet. I love the truck, just the engine is giving me all the problems. Towing, awesome, Suspension awesome, engine crap. I wish I would have kept my Hemi. Big mistake trading in my Truck. Just like this forum, I belong to the www.cumminsforum.com There are tons of guys there with nothing but problems with their trucks. There is even a class action lawsuit against Chrysler. I am a part of that. I would love for them to buy the truck back so I can purchase something more reliable. Can't tow the Moomba on a broken truck.

Sorry to hear that Tazz. When I got my truck I specifically wanted, Dodge 2500 5.9L 2WD, black, bucket seats, and sunroof. There were only two in Texas and I drove 400 miles to get it.

tazz3069
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
I talked to the tech today. They are getting the parts for the truck. He had explained to me that I need to really drive the truck. He actually said, " Drive it like you stole it. These engines really need to be run hard." I said really. So if I get a ticket for speeding, will Chrysler pay for the ticket since, " I need to drive it like I stole it." I got the silence treatment on the other end of the phone. He also did not like it when I said, "I need to know when the drive will be drivable so I can take it across the street to trade it in for a new Ford." More silence on the phone.

Sled491
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Ouch that's harsh :)

Hey anything mechanical can have its day, just the nature of things, just sucks when it happens to you.

viking
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I talked to the tech today. They are getting the parts for the truck. He had explained to me that I need to really drive the truck. He actually said, " Drive it like you stole it. These engines really need to be run hard." I said really. So if I get a ticket for speeding, will Chrysler pay for the ticket since, " I need to drive it like I stole it." I got the silence treatment on the other end of the phone. He also did not like it when I said, "I need to know when the drive will be drivable so I can take it across the street to trade it in for a new Ford." More silence on the phone.

That just goes to show you what has happened to customer service these days. That blows. Gotta say your responses are entertaining though. Not very comforting for you I'm sure :) But you made me laugh!

moombadaze
06-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Yikes, that sucks Tazz. I'm not having such great luck with my F250 either but more on the chasis side. 2 new front wheel bearings (same side within a month), both sets rear springs broken, 3 drive shaft repairs, and a rear oil pump sensor let go. I'm very dissapointed as well. I wish I still had my old Dodge!

Sled-I can understand the 2nd wheel bearing-possible tech error. But both sets of rear springs--did they break in half?. 3 drive shaft repairs? those just dont sound right

Ian Brantford
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I talked to the tech today. They are getting the parts for the truck. He had explained to me that I need to really drive the truck. He actually said, " Drive it like you stole it. These engines really need to be run hard."

That seems to be popular advice from the people who sell parts and service, but not from the engineers who design and test the engines. Could there be a conflict of interest? Yes, methinks.

you da man
06-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I have 113,000 miles on my 5.9L mega cab with zero problems (pleae Lord don't let me jinx myself). How many miles do you have Tazz?

tazz3069
06-15-2010, 11:36 PM
26500 miles. My first Turbo was replaced at around 2000 miles. Second turbo at around 8000 or so. Then I added the Edge Programmer and nothing till now at 26500 miles. Chrysler seems to think that the Edge caused these problems. From my numbers, I think they are wrong. i should be getting the truck back on Friday. The day I leave to Don Pedro. God I need to get out on the water. DP here we come.

you da man
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM
26500 miles. My first Turbo was replaced at around 2000 miles. Second turbo at around 8000 or so. Then I added the Edge Programmer and nothing till now at 26500 miles. Chrysler seems to think that the Edge caused these problems. From my numbers, I think they are wrong. i should be getting the truck back on Friday. The day I leave to Don Pedro. God I need to get out on the water. DP here we come.

I have a Quadzilla programmer running no more than 60hp setting when I'm not towing and stock when towing. I have an AFE Stage II intake and Aeroturbine exhaust. Sucks that you got a lemon so to speak. Can't believe the turbo went out twice in under 8000 miles.

tazz3069
06-16-2010, 07:23 AM
The Stealership told me that I should get my truck back on Friday. We'll see.

Sled491
06-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Daze, first DS repair they just swaped it out with another, or so they said, however the vibration was the exact same, second they said they put in new universals, vibration reduced but still there. Third repair they sent the DS to a balancing shop and discovered the front yoke was a little out and reset and rebalanced. Problem gone. Leaf springs on both sides have several layers that have broken in half, and some pcs are not even there any more. At the end the rear of the truck was riding on the overloaders and nothing else. With the tailgates down my buddies f150 was 3 inches higher than mine. I have 34 inch tires and he has stock.

moombadaze
06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
ive never heard of a leaf spring breaking-I dont believe you got a brand new truck but I think its newer--any ideas on how a spring breaks in half ?

Sled491
06-16-2010, 10:35 PM
No idea, but not as uncommon as you might think. My buddy had to replace them in his durango, another in is Dodge 1500. Up here in the cold and the bad roads anything is possible

tazz3069
07-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey Sled--
I just got my truck back yesterday. Warranty took care of it. If it did not hen the cost of parts alone would have been $12,000 plus labor. OUCH. 3 weeks without the truck was not good. I think, I will drive her when I need too and no more. Hopefully next year, I will trade it in for a newer Ford F250. If I get rid of all the emission crap then I can not get it smoged. My buddy, who worked on the truck, said that there was so much soot in the components, they almost had to srap the truck. Chrysler did not want to buy it back so they did whatever it took to fix it. Here is the list. All these items are new. Turbo, CAT Converter, DPF filter, EGR valve, EGR cooler. EGR sensor, Fuel pump, fuel filter, all the sensor, Down tube, and a few other things that I can not remember. The repair sheet is in the truck right now. All of this could have been avoided if Chrysler did not put on the Emission crap on the truck. My buddy told me that I will be back in a bout a year or so. Not happy right now.

moombadaze
07-02-2010, 07:43 AM
thats just crazy. Stuff like that really changes my mind on getting a diesel

Sled491
07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Tazz, that list of parts was 12k? Wow. With the older diesels you just cut out the muffler and no big deal. THe exhaust from a diesel is just plain carbon which falls to the earth and gets absorbed as it is a natural element. I wonder why or who came up with this great idea for all the smog stuff. Again though, the geniuses in washington did change the fuel we burn a while ago, I'm sure that had something to do with it.

you da man
07-02-2010, 11:02 AM
thats just crazy. Stuff like that really changes my mind on getting a diesel

It's not that serious with most diesels, Tazz got a bad one plus he also got the first year 6.7L Cummins which has the crazy emissions stuff. Guys have already figured out how to go around it. I have the exact same truck plus same year as Tazz but I searched the entire state of Texas to get the last of two black 5.9L Cummins motor. I did not want a first year motor. The 5.9L motor is tried and true so why mess up a good thing I thought. 2007 was the only year Dodge had two sizes of diesel motors...you could opt for the new untested or stick with what everyone has tested and worked the bugs out of years ago. I have 115,000 miles on mine and so far so good.

Tazz, post up the work order if you can. I'd be curious to see the parts prices. I know that just for replacing a fuel pump it's around $2,495 and the pump is around $400-ish.

Sled491
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
It's not that serious with most diesels, Tazz got a bad one plus he also got the first year 6.7L Cummins which has the crazy emissions stuff. Guys have already figured out how to go around it. I have the exact same truck plus same year as Tazz but I searched the entire state of Texas to get the last of two black 5.9L Cummins motor. I did not want a first year motor. The 5.9L motor is tried and true so why mess up a good thing I thought. 2007 was the only year Dodge had two sizes of diesel motors...you could opt for the new untested or stick with what everyone has tested and worked the bugs out of years ago. I have 115,000 miles on mine and so far so good.

Tazz, post up the work order if you can. I'd be curious to see the parts prices. I know that just for replacing a fuel pump it's around $2,495 and the pump is around $400-ish.

Da Man, I think you have that kind of backwards. The injector pump with change out is about 2500 hun (had to do it on my last Cummins), the fuel pump to the injectory pump is 800 is changed out. You can buy your own injector pump on line for about 1400 which is the route we went when we found out the warrenty pump was going to be a rebuild anyways.

Posi12Bolt
06-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Did you notice the red and white Mobius that was snapped in half just in front of the windshield?

was the windshield damaged? I NEED one for my mobius!