PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust Group Buy

Salyers
06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
I am looking into getting a FAE system. I wanted to see if there was any interest in a group buy. With 3 people we get a group rate. I think its about $25 dollars off but I am going to see if they will up that a little bit.

stretch55
06-12-2010, 01:54 AM
I am looking into getting a FAE system. I wanted to see if there was any interest in a group buy. With 3 people we get a group rate. I think its about $25 dollars off but I am going to see if they will up that a little bit.

I might be interested. Just depends on how soon.

jmvotto
06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Ed,

agreed for 400 plus, 25 just doesn't cut it.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I would be interested in this as well. But as stated, it would have to be for more than $20 off.

bbyquist
06-13-2010, 03:24 AM
I would consider it if the discount was better than $25...

Salyers
06-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey guys, looks like I am not in the market for a FAE system. My wife just broke her arm while we were Installing a monster tower cargo rack friday evening. She slipped and got her already bionic arm(2 plates and 8 screws from a snowboarding accident)tangled up in the tower. No idea how but it happened. Thank goodness it's just a hairline fracure with no displacement. She will only be out for 3-4 weeks at most the Doc said as long as it heals properly. Then after we got out of the doctors office on friday we went to go look for a Truck and got an unbelivealbe deal on a 2010 Tundra Crewmax 4x4. I was shocked at how much they came down on the price. They didn't give it away but I felt like I was stealing alittle bit. The payments are much cheaper than the 4runner we got in 04. Still can't believe it. So between all of that I am putting my FAE plans on hold till late July or early August. Have to sTay in the budget and the FAE money went towards the down payment so I have to wait.
I am however going to talk to Larry and see if we can't get a better discount I have just been alittle busy. He seems real nice and easy to work with. A friend of mine has FAE on his boat in Chattanooga and I cant believe what a difference it makes in sound alone not even to mention the carbon monoxide factor.
I let you guys know what I find out.

Salyers
06-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh, by the way the Monster Tower Cargo rack looks Awesome! Will post pics later. I would HIGHLY recommend it especially since the Z5 is about 1800 compared to the 500ish price of the monster tower rack. A quality piece of equipment!

Salyers
06-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Carbon Monoxide is not really a problem for surfers. But at slow speeds it is a problem for the big guys sitting in your rear seat/bench. I want to protect my people in the boat as well as the people behind the boat. And small amounts of carbon monoxide over long periods of time can be dangerous. Won't likely kill you if your a big guy, but in school I was taught that decreasing oxygen to the brain is a bad thing. That headache at the end of the day isn't always from a big fall or too much sun. You don't play around with that stuff. If it lowers exposure to your friends and family even by a little bit...can you really put a price on that???

viking
06-14-2010, 01:13 AM
but in school I was taught that decreasing oxygen to the brain is a bad thing. If it lowers exposure to your friends and family even by a little bit...can you really put a price on that???

Uh OH - Better stop drinking then :(
What............My beer is empty. Gotta go get another :)