PDA

View Full Version : '04 moomba vs. '89MC

07-22-2004, 03:52 PM
O.K. guys we have an 89 Pro-star and think it is a fine boat, but for various resons we need to move on. I have not looked at boats since '89, boy has this industry changed.

We want a cross-over boat with some decent comfort, with quality running gear and good reliability and abilities. Natrually started at the MC web site and determined the X-7 was the right model. Pricing info is limted, but it appears to be a $50K boat!

So the search went on and I checked into the Moomba line....seems like a no brainer! People seem to be happy with em and the only arguments I hear for the more spendy boats is Resale value and Fit and Finish. Resale doesn't hold water for me as we will likley keep the new boat 15 years, plus I don't see the point of spending money just so you can get it back when you sell.

Quality, reliable running gear is my main concern, but Fit and Finish has to be to a certain level so that the thing does not fall apart on me.

I like the '89, but would certainly expect HUGE improvments to Fit and Finish if I were to spend $50K on a boat.

So the question is......Assuming the F&F of an '04 MC would blow away my '89's interior, how would the F&F of an '04 Mooma (Mobius LS) likley compare to the interior comfort and quality of the '89?

MartyC
07-22-2004, 04:31 PM
I would think going from an '89 to the '04 you would be very pleased with the fit and finish of the Moomba. Comparing the '04 Moomba to the '04 Mastercraft you would probably notice some small differences. I will be very honest, I have been the more expensive lines and I am still very pleased with my Moomba. It is all in how you care for the interior. Mine boat is in its 4th season and still looks brand new, inside and out. Nothing has broken or even appears worn. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

SMUMATTMAN
07-24-2004, 01:40 AM
$50K....It better come with "The Twins"

Shoemaker Mobius
07-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Take a look at the Classified section of this bulletin board. A 2002 Mobius V with 15 hours - posted on 7/16, sold on 7/24. The guy was asking for $35K. If he got anywhere near that price, I'd say that was pretty good resale value.

Ktn_cmu
08-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey 89190,

Did you post this same question to the MC site? I was there during that discussion...and it helped me to choose what boat to buy. I bought a 92 boomerang and I LOVE IT! It flys, has a beautiful wake, tracks great, is in b-e-a-utiful shape, with 350 hours. I got it for the price of a mid 80's MC with 1000 hours. No question here...MC is overpriced. You pay for the name. Besides, my boat looks like a MC killer...

Kyle