PDA

View Full Version : Water pump hoses

phospher
06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok, I just need to be re-assured here... Had to replace a belt as I believe it was the cause for the slight squel(more like whisp) that I was hearing. Reconnected the water hoses, but in the right order?

I put the one running from the raw water intake(under boat) to the lower side of the RWP. The upper side of the RWP connects the shorter hose to the trans cooler? Is that correct? Almost positive it is but wanted to check with someone. Perhaps a picture of the 325 assault would do me justice?

OBV6
06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
You got it right

phospher
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
thanks bud :)

deerfield
06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Perhaps a picture of the 325 assault would do me justice?

Phospher - I have picture and can post this evening. Even though OBV6 already confirmed that you got it right, check back here tonight and take a look. - Deerfield

deerfield
06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Here you go. 325 efi Assault engine in 2007 Outback.

phospher
06-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks! yep, I feel much better now:)

So is that hose running to a five gallon bucket with a hose in it or a fake a lake of some sort? Good idea.

deerfield
06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
So is that hose running to a five gallon bucket with a hose in it or a fake a lake of some sort?

phospher - Yes. To be specific, the hose runs to a 10-gallon plastic storage container (Walmart $4) filled with RV anti freeze solution. Container sits on the ground at the stern to capture and recirculate solution as it comes out the exhuast. I do this when winterizing. While it's not necessary, I run the anti freeze just because I figured out a way to do it and it will maximize protection against winter freeze damage to engine and heater. I only started the anti freeze step after the three-year warranty expired, prior to which the dealer did all the service. Now that I do the winterization, I have all the liability if there is a screw up. Anti freeze step is easy to do and kept me from worrying while boat was in storage for the winter. If interested, come fall you can borrow my setup (includes collector system made of PVC that bolts right to exhaust) to winterize your engine. All you gotta buy is the anit freeze. - Deerfield

deerfield
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
phospher- These show you the other end of the hose and how the recirculating works. - Deerfield

phospher
06-11-2010, 12:45 AM
that is frigin awesome!

viking
06-11-2010, 10:57 AM
correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a thread with all the parts list and how deerfield was putting this all together last fall.

I planned on searching for it this winter to copy the system!

Maybe it could be posted as a sticky (or maybe it is).

Ingenious :)

deerfield
06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a thread with all the parts list and how deerfield was putting this all together last fall.

Here is the link. It is a sicky.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9881