PDA

View Full Version : new moomba owner. huge overhall

kojack
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Recently bought my first boat. 2003 Moomba Mobius LSV with the 325hp white and yellow. Loving it but few stuffs got on my nerve.

1st- Seller said the sound system was awsome. Hooooo crap. been a DJ for 14 years and that did not sound good at all.
Cheap Clarion deck, CD not working, Cheap Jensen amp. 6 factory cabin speakers, most of them busted, and 2 super Bazooka 8" tower speakers.

Replace deck with new Kenwood deck so the remote would work. Install 6 Polk DB651S in the cabin. Change the yellowed out remote with 2 new aeaware white remote. I added one to the transom. replace the 2 Bazooka bomb that sounded like either were busted with 4 Krypt can with the Kicker HLCD's set up. Changed the Jensen 600w amp with 2 kicker amp. one ZXM700.5 for the cabin speaker and sub I had laying around and a ZXM350.4 for the tower.

2nd. The grey plastic cup holders turned brownish with the sun and was getting on the wifes nerves. Got stainsless one. better.

Added a 2nd marine battery and a bleasea switch with little black box to charge both batteries. cant remember the name it.

beside that removed all the graphics and made new one. other ones were scratched and faded.

Changed the prop to a ACME prop 14x14.25. Nooowww your talking torque.

had to fix a few thing..... fix one fender that was only hanging on by 1 bolt. drilled a hole in the ski locker bottom and install a plug to drain the front water accumulating under the locker.

Added a water strainer and perko flush kit because of our nice and salty water.

Added a 2 lock to lock the rear compartment. those are sweet and doesnt flap when im towing it to the beach.

Got a bimini cover boot and moomba trailer post. changed all the dryer vent. were all cracked. from front to motor area. Needed a buffing soooooo bad. thats done.

Had a front seat made. Now have a full play pen area.

Changed the Hot tubes. they were all dried out and cracked.

Want to had a perfect pass but the wife said next year or its a divorce. hihi. might as well wait a bit. Also found that the heater craft is rusted to crap, so i need a new heater and motor is seized , so another motor. Shower in the back is leaking, have to fix that.

Razzman
06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Kojack I gather those remotes worked out ok for ya? Good for you getting it all together, let's see pics!

kojack
06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
yup. txs again. the wife like the white one better than the faded busted yellowish one. txs for sending it here again, appreciated.

kojack
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
first day:

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=317&pictureid=2588

naked:

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=318&pictureid=2592

now:

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=318&pictureid=2597

tower speaker:

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=318&pictureid=2596

Tyger
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Looks real nice, kojack!

Check ebay for the PP. Or just call/email them: http://www.perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_contact_us.html.

A couple years ago my main module went out and they sold me a re-built one much cheaper than retail. They are really nice guys and they may have a deal for a fellow canuck. Can't hurt to ask.

viking
06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Let us know how those Kicker's on the tower sound :)
Looks good Kojack. I've always liked the yellow/white combo!

kojack
06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
txs. The Kicker's are sickkkkkkk. They are so loud. Actually have to ask the driver to tone it done a bit when im behind. I mean they are really loud. I woulndt add the extra set of mid that they suggest as a add on.

Kinda lucky PP is like 2 hours drive from here. And they will install it for free plus a little discount. Let say the price I had is actually about 200$ less canadian than US.

Ian Brantford
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Want to had a perfect pass but the wife said next year or its a divorce.

Congrats on the boat and upgrades! That's an odd comment for your wife to make. Perhaps she is not aware that one popular nickname for Perfect Pass is "marriage saver" due to the enormous reduction in driver-rider conflict that it offers.

maxpower220
06-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Nice.

FYI, if you run in salt that trailer won't last too long. You may want to find a way to preserve it or look for a galvanized one.

loudsubz
06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
How much did the kicker km6500.2 run you? I was thinking about running them too.

kojack
06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
got them off ebay. dont remember the price i paid. actually found the bill. heyhey 331.00 USD shipped to canada.

loudsubz
06-10-2010, 10:14 PM
wow thats damn cheap everyone wants $499 for them

kojack
06-11-2010, 03:20 PM
was very lucky i guess. now one of my new kicker zxm350.4 amp just quit on me. stuck on protect mode. had to ship it back today to get a replacement. oh well at least i have an old Alpine V12 laying around. will do for the next 2 week i guess.

viking
06-14-2010, 01:15 AM
What the hell sled - there's snow on the ground and you've got your lady in a swimsuit showing off your boat and ski?? Right On :)

Sled491
06-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Yep, that was when we fist got the boat so everyone was excited. If I ask for that now I'd get flipped off :D

kojack
06-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Sweeett . another yellow friend. I do like the snow around. When i bought mine not to long ago, had to haul it home in a huge snowstorm. what a buzz killer. nice boat by the way.

viking
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Don't they look great without any of the registration #'s on them? Nice and clean! Now if we can just get the state's to agree with me.......he he. Not a chance!

Sled491
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Well keep in mind my boat looks liking nothing like that any more. I have the half wrap with the Roo!!