PDA

View Full Version : Info on 06-07 LSV

jbpetty6203
06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Im pretty new to this site. Ive been wakeboarding about 2 years and currently i have a 97 crownline I/O with a tower on it. Im in Iraq now and will be home around september and have decided time to upgrade. Ive done my research, always liked the moomba brand and being enlisted in the AF the price has always appealed to me. I know I want the bigger 06 LSV and hopefully all the options I can afford. My ? is can i find one that will be under 30k? Minimums I want PP, gravity III and wakeplate.. everything else im pretty confident I can add myself if needed. Im looking to upgrade sometime before next summer so I do have time to look... Just wanted you guys input.. and anything that you wish you had or didnt have on your LSV.. Thanks again guys!!!

kaneboats
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
You should be able to do this. I've seen lots right around your price range. Thank you for your service. If you need help checking out distant boats, let us know and we will be more than happy to assist. Be safe and God bless you and those with whom you serve!

T100
06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1771802491.html

Here is an 07 for under 30K, Thank you for your service, get home safe.
(hope the link worked)
Tight tow lines and fat wakes!

T100
06-08-2010, 10:57 AM
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/1773888768.html
Here is some more eye candy, it's a little over 30K. Sweet looking boat.
Tight tow lines and fat wakes!

Bearly-A-Wake
06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/classifields/viewlisting.php?view=689

jbpetty6203
06-09-2010, 07:48 AM
What about options?? Anything you guys can or cant live with or without?? Any recommendations of required option for wakeboarding???

cab13367
06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
What about options?? Anything you guys can or cant live with or without?? Any recommendations of required option for wakeboarding???

I think you've hit on three "must haves" - PP, gravity III and wakeplate. If you tow alot, the tandem trailer is a nice option. One option I wish my boat had, and this is purely for cosmetic purposes, is the appearance package which is comprised of the stainless steel rub rail and bow lights. The ss rub rails are very expensive to add afterwards.

Oh, and get the fuel injected 325 HP engine vs the carbureted 310 HP engine. My last boat was carbureted and I had a lot of issues with it. With the FI engine, just turn the key and it starts right up and idles perfectly, every single time.

jbpetty6203
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah I know I want all three of those and I wana hold out for an 06-08 LSV... those have the fuel injected motors dont they?? I have a single axle trailer right now on my 18ft bowrider.. what are the advantages to having a tandem axle?? I notice that most moombas have singles....

walb0244
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Let me start by saying I know exactly how you feel. I just got back from Baghdad, Iraq in April. I left the states with a 1991 19' Caravelle and knew that when I got home I was gonna buy a new boat. I spent the entire year on forums and looking at boats trying to find one. The day I steped off the bus coming home from Iraq we went boat shopping and I found a 2006 LSV for 19,900. I was tickled. One hell of a welcome home gift. :D Now back to your questions.

One of the advantages to having a tandem is that if you tow the boat a distance if you blow a tire you can limp the trailer and boat to where ever on three tires if need be. Another advantage I have been told is the tongue weight. I've been told that the tongue weight is less since the boat is riding on two axles instead of balanceing on one axle.

My boat has the docking lights built in and the SS rub rail. I love the looks of the SS rub rail and the docking lights seem bright. Haven't gotten a chance to use them just yet.

Depending on where you boat at a heater is always a nice option but pretty much any "Do it yourselfer" can do that mod from what I have seen on here.

I don't worry about options too much when I was looking. I knew that I could probably add what ever I wanted once I got the boat. But I would say go for the FI motor.

And thank you for your service.

United States Army Reserves SGT

jeffrogge
06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I agree with the 3 options you have decided you need. The heater is a must for the wife and kids, and I love it also. I am a huge fan of the tandem trailer if you hall it at all, a mounted spare tire is also nice(easy add on). The bimini top is also nice for some shade, My buddies old boat didn't have one and i thought I didn't need one then when my boat came in the bimini top didn't come with it and we got caught in rain. Since then we have it up all the time. When is rains the bimini and the heater are awesome. THanks for your service. Good luck in the boat hunt.

cab13367
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I found a 2006 LSV for 19,900.

Seriously?? Is there anything wrong with it? Does it have like 1000 hrs on the engine or something? Surely my boat hasn't depreciated that much already! And u bought it from a dealer?

And thanks for your service to our country!

Al

walb0244
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
It only has like 240 hours on it I think. I would have to run out and double check. Nothing wrong with it that I have found yet. It was a bank repo. So that would explain the price. It just needed some TLC. Which I got plenty of after dreaming about it for a year in Iraq.

cab13367
06-10-2010, 12:38 AM
It only has like 240 hours on it I think. I would have to run out and double check. Nothing wrong with it that I have found yet. It was a bank repo. So that would explain the price. It just needed some TLC. Which I got plenty of after dreaming about it for a year in Iraq.

Still a good price even if needs some TLC as long as it's mechanically sound. Congrats on the good buy!

jbpetty6203
06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
WOW!!! 19,900 for an 06 that is a lot cheaper than I was planning.. hope I can find a deal like that!! Thanks for all the inputs. Another question.. the 06 and above outback v are pretty much the same boat as the 05 and older LSVs... correct??

walb0244
06-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I've been wondering what the difference was between the Outback LSV and the Mobius LSV. At first I thought Outbacks were DD and Mobius were VD but once I got mine and got to looking at the owners manual I was wrong. What is the difference between a Outback and a Mobius.

kaneboats
06-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Depends on what year. Lots of years they were the same hull but the tower and a ballast system was standard on Mobius. Hover over "about Moomba" at the top of this page then click on "Archive" and you can see all the different boats back to 2000. It's quite educational. Look at the specs and pics and it will make sense.

Bearly-A-Wake
06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Because I'm selling a LSV '07, I have an opinion about the 19K price tag. I understand the repo value and if you find one that is, as mentioned earlier, in good mechanical shape, then you have scored because the bank is only looking for someone to cover the note, they aren't looking for the value of the boat and the person's down payment is the decrease in price in most cases.

That said, if I spent the time to show my boat and go for a test ride and someone offered me even $25K I would be pissed and if they drove with me to the lake, I would leave them stranded.

This is not a realistic deal to look for. In reality, would you want a boat that depreciates that much, that quickly? No!

Don't miss out season after season, looking for a deal that only happens once in a blue moon. Because you will be missing out on the reason for owning the boat, and that is to use it.

I hope you get a great deal when you get home. Just don't think that because someone got lucky, you need to get that lucky. You'll most likely miss out on lots of fun.

Good luck! AIRBORNE!!

kaneboats
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I actually contacted the dealer who had that boat and was told he had a deal pending on it. You had to be in the right place at the right time and take some risk.

brain_rinse
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
WOW!!! 19,900 for an 06 that is a lot cheaper than I was planning.. hope I can find a deal like that!! Thanks for all the inputs. Another question.. the 06 and above outback v are pretty much the same boat as the 05 and older LSVs... correct??

It's hard enough to find clean 06+ LSVs for under $30, so don't hold your breath waiting for another bank fire sale. Like was already mentioned, even a $25k offer might leave you stranded in the middle of an unknown lake. :p

jbpetty6203
06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
yeah Bearly-A-Wake im actually preparing to spend around 28-35k depending on how much I have when i leave this place... How much are you selling yours for?? Have any pics?? And how soon are you wanting to sell it?? Im for sure gona have one by the time next season rolls around!!!

Bearly-A-Wake
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Being home at the end of the season should play into your favor. I hope you find a deal. Just be ready to move because the deals that are mentioned that make you wish you had "that" deal, have more than one person looking for it and might require you to go and get it. At what point would you not buy a certain boat that met your req's? Would you let a deal go because of a thousand dollars? Five hundred?? Or what options would you consider not getting pre installed??? To move quickly and still keep your wits about you, those questions need to be answered ahead of time, IMHO.

What is more important, the goodies or the price? some times the things you are looking for come on boats that have other expensive options like tower speakers and kicker amps ect.......I like to make a bunch of posible boats in myhead and price them in an order that I would like them.

I'm not trying to sell you mine (though i would), I'm trying to add my 2 pennys to your process. I truley love the LSV and will buy another when I am done with school and the kids are a little older. Don't feel under the gun, just be involved and always looking out. There will always be boats for sale.

jbpetty6203
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I hear what you are saying!! The only three options that i really want are the PP, Wakeplate and GIII system, even though after readying a lot of the How-to forum it seems like a lot of guys alter their setup using, three pumps, installing more scuppers etc.. which I will probaly make those upgrades myself. As for other options like the heaters, docking lights, SS rub rail, Tower speakers, etc. I really dont care that much about. Whatever stereo it comes with I will most likely upgrade.

My boat now barely had a stereo in it old, jensen deck and an optimus amp with two 6 1/2s. Within the year I had upgraded the head unit, put in XM, Drilled holes for 4 6 1/2s (kickers ran of the deck), Two Amps, Two Batteries, 1/0 Stinger wire to stinger distribution blocks, power and ground, Kicker 350.2 powering the KMT6s and JL 500/1 powering a single 10W6 in a sealed box. All installed by yours truly and sounded pretty good for such a small boat.

But I really am a do-it-yourself type person. I really would like to find one around $30k and probaly/hopefully wont spend over 35k. I really need to go see a dealer when i get back though... Or ask here... does the GI system still have all the switches and plumbing already ran or is it just the one sac and thats it. I will prolly upgrade the 400lbs rear bags to 750s. I just dont wana pay for options that I am gona upgrade on anyway... Again thanks guys for all the inputs!!!

C-130 Flight Engineer!! (aka Four Blades of Fury!!)

Bearly-A-Wake
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
The Hurcules is the only plane to ever make me use the "bag" they hand out. Combat approach to a drop zone.

jbpetty6203
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
HAHA I laughed to myself when i read that.. just the other day I saw the outcome after we did a penetration descent into baghdad... I came out of my seat from the negative Gs when we pushed over... The 3 star General in the back got some photographers lunch all over his shoulder and back!!! Was hard not to laugh at him after that!!

walb0244
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh boy I remember combat drops. Don't miss those any at all.