PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake: Launch and tips

Tyger
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
We're thinking about driving over to Canyon Lake and maybe camping or staying nearby for a long weekend.

What are the best spots to launch? We already have a Corps of Engineers pass for the year, so we are covered there.

Where is the best place to camp (with a good launch nearby)?

Any tips on the lake in general? Good spots (almost all surfing), places to avoid, stumpy areas, etc?

Thanks!

Tyger
08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone? Bueller?

kaneboats
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Ha ha. I loved the Bueler thing! My brother changed high schools after 3 days his freshman year. One old priest called his name every day for the rest of the year. It's something his whole class (a year older than me) still talks about. This was at Rudy's highschool-- from the movie "Rudy".

csm
08-09-2010, 05:30 PM
I would ask this question over on texaswakeboarders.com. That seems to be a little more focuses on central texas.

I've been to Canyon Lake quite a bit, but I can't help too much unfortunately. We've always rented houses, never camped. Seems like most of the wakeboarding happens over by the dam, and the cliffs around the dam, but that can get pretty crowded.

I've never really found it to be a great lake for boarding/surfing, but I love hanging out on that lake. If you're heading away from the launch that's over by the dam, there are some decent coves off to your left, but it seems to change daily based on the wind.