PDA

View Full Version : Maximun Weight for LSV 2007

4fish4
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I was wondering what was the maximum weight that a Moomba LSV 2007 can support for wakesurfing? The maximum weight to get to the biggest wave possible without effecting the boat performance? ( apart losing room in the boat)
Last year, I bought two 750 Fly High sacs for the rear lockers. Now I got 2 original factory sacs of 400 lb in my garage . Adding an additional 800 lb to the boat a good idea? Now I have 750 lb in the rear plus 400 lb in the ski locker.

viking
06-07-2010, 12:23 AM
you'll want to check the weight capacity listed on the boat as far as the Po-Po is concerned. They might write you up if your boating someplace where they check alot and you're loaded down.

That being said - there are alot of members on here that sack out there boat and exceed the recommended capacity by quite a bit once you get all the peeps in and count them. A good prop change and you can have the torque to push all that weight.

Most guys surfing on here are adding enough weight to have the rear rub rail level with the water!

kaneboats
06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
At a certain point the wave stops getting better. If you have the 750 in the surf side locker and a 400 on the seat on the surf side (or a couple big guys) and another 400 up front you are close. Adding another 400 up front will lenghten the wave but there's not much else you can do that will make much difference.

Tyger
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I have an 05 LSV. For surfing we are running 750 + whatever will fit into a 400 in the left rear, the middle ballast full and a 400 in the bow between the seats.

This produces a great wake with a nice long pocket, especially with someone sitting on the back on the transom (may be illegal where you ride). However, even with just a driver and rider this produces a great wake (although we're never truly alone, since our 160 pounds of dog are always with us).

We don't wakeboard much anymore, but I've found that with the 750's full, it's really too much weight for my 05 to handle. I really have to only fill the rear sacs to 600 or so for boarding.

For surfing, there is a definite impact. If I need to get to another part of the lake quick with the surf setup, I need to get one or two people in the bow until it planes out, otherwise it can't get above 11 or so.

When you are surfing, you are purposely displacing more water, so your gas mileage is going to suffer.

newty
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I have 1400lb enzo sacs in the back witch fill to a little over 1100lbs each, stock floor sac with a 600lb integrated bow sac up front. No sacs on the floor and the wake is tall and long.

4fish4
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys. Finally after reading your replies, I will be adding a 400 lb sac on the seat on my surf side plus another 400 in front. Beats leaving it in the garage collecting dust. I just ordered a fly high pump to help fill my 2 old sacs.
With 1950 lbs, can wait to play !!!

4fish4
06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up !!!