PDA

View Full Version : Swim Deck Coming Loose - '99 Outback

Waynes345
06-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I've got my boat in the driveway after dragging over to Indiana last weekend and noticed the lower swim deck bolts through the transom are getting a little loose. Tightening does nothing as I assume the nut is spinning on the other side. I pulled the floor over the driveshaft thinking I could get to them through there. No way. Looks like I have to pull the gas tank out and the rest of the floor, but that looks like the proverbial bitch. Anybody have any words of wisdom?

jmb
06-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Mine worked loose on my 05' Outback. I took the little floor out in my ski locker back there and I could reach the nuts myself to hold a wrench and tighten the screws on the outside. Did not have to take the tank out or nothing. I did take the swim platform off. Maybe yours is a little different, I don't know.

Waynes345
06-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Mine worked loose on my 05' Outback. I took the little floor out in my ski locker back there and I could reach the nuts myself to hold a wrench and tighten the screws on the outside. Did not have to take the tank out or nothing. I did take the swim platform off. Maybe yours is a little different, I don't know.

Yeah, I wish. The older boat doesn't have any locker and the floor goes all the way back with the tank sitting top of it.