PDA

View Full Version : Stupid dealer technicians!!!

you da man
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I keep telling the dealership to keep their techs out of my boat with their shoes on. Picked up my boat yesterday and I find 3 dirty shoe prints on my seats, one shoe print on the gel coat when you open the v-drive locker, and about 7-8 shoe prints on my brandnew 1100lb fat sacs. Now why in the hell does a tech have to step on my fat sacs? Got a couple more smudge marks on my carpet. Somebody is getting an earful come Monday when I call the dealership. My carpet gets dirtier everytime I pick up my boat from the dealer.

kaneboats
06-05-2010, 11:01 PM
According to mmandley, these are higly skilled technicians and you aren't qualified to say whether the dirt is actually dirt or not. Probably not covered under warranty because you cleaned the boat yourself instead of having the dealer do it.

you da man
06-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Huh what?

I never said anything of the sort..

I only said that of AWS. You Da Man is in Texas where everyone wears Boots.

In the NW in Portland we are a bunch of hippies and don't wear shoes..that's why we don't get foot prints.

I guess the hippies technicians wear "mandles".

zabooda
06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
And thongs but not always on their feet.

jmvotto
06-06-2010, 08:43 PM
guess that means you get free detail job inside and out, otherwise i would get a new dealer

thesack
06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
As annoying as it is, at least footprints come off easily. Finding gel coat over spray on your vinyl after it's been in for gel cost repair is more annoying. Even more annoying when you take the boat back in to have them clean it cuz the said they would and go to pick it up because they are finished with it and get there and they missed numerous areas. At least they did clean it for me.

Gel coat over spray still isn't as bad as being called a F*ing dumb*ss by one of the techs. But that is a different story and I don't think he is employed there anymore.

kaneboats
06-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Huh what?

I never said anything of the sort..

I only said that of AWS. You Da Man is in Texas where everyone wears Boots.

In the NW in Portland we are a bunch of hippies and don't wear shoes..that's why we don't get foot prints.

That's good stuff. I did forget that you get to go to AWS- I know the following they have and for good reason. Sorry to jump on you but it's one of my pet peeves when people assert that the dealer has anything to say about your warranty. In the south they don't wear shoes because they don't know how to tie them.

you da man
06-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Called the dealer today and spoke to the general manager (skipped the service dept altogether). Explained approx how many and where the footsteps were in the boat (couple smudge marks near the in-floor cooler, on my new 1100lb rear sacs, on the seats, and one on the gel coat under the rear locker hatch). I was polite, explained my disappointment, and the manager asked the technician's name on my work order. I explained that no shoes of mine or my friends have ever been in the boat and the manager agreed that shoes inside boats is the biggest no no. Manager offered me a complete shampoo of the carpet and detail including wax. He cont'd to apologize, stated that he appreciated my call because if this is going on he needs to know.

viking
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Just hope the same a'holes that did it don't get the job of giving it a detail. You know that'd be like sending food back to a cook who wants to spit on your burger :)

you da man
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Just hope the same a'holes that did it don't get the job of giving it a detail. You know that'd be like sending food back to a cook who wants to spit on your burger :)

Oh, and my buttons on my HSE volume control were all jacked up as if someone was messing with it that didn't know what they were doing and wanted to hear my stereo system. I discovered that when I was loading up the boat and wanted to listen to some music as always, plugged in my ipod, hit all the usual power and mode buttons and got nothing.

kaneboats
06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
The word "technician" might be overused.

you da man
06-08-2010, 07:44 PM
The word "technician" might be overused.

You think dumba$$ is more appropriate?

dru1974
06-08-2010, 07:55 PM
you da man, you should put some pics of your boat on your profile, she's good lookin. id like to have a look see.

squeeg333
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I think it's more burkenstocks and socks in the NW. That way, the socks are the only thing touching the 'goods'

you da man
06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
you da man, you should put some pics of your boat on your profile, she's good lookin. id like to have a look see.

As you wish...done deal.