PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboards hitting the back of the boat

morgan040
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I dont think I can stop people from hitting that back of the boat with the wakeboards when they are putting it on or off. I have scratches right above the swim deck from continuous banging of boards.

How do you get the scratches out or stop them from happining?? I catch myself hitting the board there all the time!!

dru1974
06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
get some 3m clear plastic coating installed back there

cab13367
06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I dont think I can stop people from hitting that back of the boat with the wakeboards when they are putting it on or off. I have scratches right above the swim deck from continuous banging of boards.

How do you get the scratches out or stop them from happining?? I catch myself hitting the board there all the time!!

I tell people to put the board on while sitting on the swim platform and that's what I do as well.

gus 08 mobius lsv
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I tell people to put the board on while sitting on the swim platform and that's what I do as well.

same here the idea of the fins of the board digging into the sea deck pad when you jam your foot in the bindings don't sound good either along with scratchs but i think it was maybe newty who used strips of his old swim platform pad and put it there...looks pretty nice and serves a good function

you da man
06-05-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.keelshield.com/transom-shield.html

maxpower220
06-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Transom guard. Get more respectful friends or just give up.

cab13367
06-05-2010, 11:07 PM
same here the idea of the fins of the board digging into the sea deck pad when you jam your foot in the bindings don't sound good either along with scratchs but i think it was maybe newty who used strips of his old swim platform pad and put it there...looks pretty nice and serves a good function

Yeah, then after they do get the board on, they'll scrape the seadek, edge of the swim platform, and your board trying to get in the water. Not on my boat!

Razzman
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
You guys are doing it all wrong, you make 'em sit thier butts on the platform and put their gear on. No scratches and they slide right into the water. ;)

Razzman
06-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Having had the Seadek pad the longest here i can tell you it's a lot tougher than you think. Going into my third season with it and after wakeboards, surfboards, four grandsons, drunk friends and the dog it only has one mark on it that i can remember. Not a bad deal i'd say. :D

Sled491
06-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I would put some sea deck pad on your transom.

But we're like max, put your gear on facing the boat. grab the rope short and hop backwards into the water. I'm on my second season with my sea deck pack and not one mark fron any fins, slalom or wkaeboard.

kaneboats
06-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I stand facing the back of the boat and have the board sitting on the Seadek with the fins hanging over the edge. Just slip backwards into the water. No marks. Seadek is tough stuff though.

newty
06-07-2010, 09:57 AM
This is the stuff we use. We use it on surf boards, gunwales, transomes, all over the place. Works great, sticks really well, comes in all different colors and textures.

http://www.hydroturf.com/

squeeg333
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
You could also do something like this:
http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=775
I actually just ordered one of these today. I like the ability to remove it, and it'll keep boards and whatnot from hitting the back of the boat. I typically make people sit on the swim pad, and put their gear on in the water, or be fully in the water when putting the stuff on (that's what I typically do). Heck it gets me used to the cold water, so I'm numb before the pain can set in from a wreck or 6.

kaneboats
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I use turtle wax rubbing compound then the polishing compound then wax. Works great.

Sled491
06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Ditto on putting the gear on facing forward - a quick hop and viola! your on the water no scuff marks -

however - I did manage to rub out all the scuff marks and polish out the tougher stuff - including the marks on the side of the boat that happened when the newb launched his board down the side of the boat...

3m rubbing compound and your favorite polish should do the trick

Fr@#&^% Newbs :D

phospher
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I just make people put there boards on in the water. Problem solved. Of course it's pretty much a non-issue for us because we mainly wake skate.

Sled491
06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
there is no way in heck I could get my ski on in the water, man I can barely get it on standing on the platform :D

kaneboats
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Huh? Does your outboard buddy have a platform?

I don't think I put a ski on on a platform till I was over 35.

Sled491
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Yep all the outboards I ski behind are MC ski boats and still and have a small platform on both sides of the engine. When I had my Nitro I stood on the back casting deck to put my ski on, then jumped over the side using the ski rope to help.

Sled491
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
That's an understatement to be sure!