PDA

View Full Version : 2010 mob ls ripped vinyl

dru1974
06-05-2010, 03:16 PM
while cleaning and vacuming the boat this weekend i knelt down on the back seat and felt this poke on my knee. i looked down and saw nothing so knelt down again and a screw poked through the vinyl. the screw holds two puck sized pieces that drop into my hard ballast tanks to hold the seat in place. as far as i am concerned this should be warrenty and the screws are clearly too long, thoughts?

cab13367
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
while cleaning and vacuming the boat this weekend i knelt down on the back seat and felt this poke on my knee. i looked down and saw nothing so knelt down again and a screw poked through the vinyl. the screw holds two puck sized pieces that drop into my hard ballast tanks to hold the seat in place. as far as i am concerned this should be warrenty and the screws are clearly too long, thoughts?

I agree, it's a design/manufacturing flaw and they should fix it under warranty.

phospher
06-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Dang, on a 2010? I had a friend who had a 07 LSV and I did the same thing. Kneeled on one of his cushions and a screw head came right into my kneee. Pricked me and drew blood. Ouch.

jmvotto
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
i had the same on my 07 obv in the rear bench and replaced all the screws with shoter ss screws. so far the pin prick in the vinyl has not spread. should be a warrnty issue. not sure why they cant use shorter screws after three years of issues

kaneboats
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Somtimes assemblers have a couple different jobs to do that use different screws and they mix them up-- could have been a Monday morning.

jmvotto
06-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Somtimes assemblers have a couple different jobs to do that use different screws and they mix them up-- could have been a Monday morning.

seems like alot of Monday morning F ups, more and more people have talked about this.;)

my dealer said that take them out and ground them down flat, i chose to replace them altogether.

Salyers
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Same thing happen to my back seat over the hard tanks. Didn't come through thank goodness. I ended up grinding down the screw end but thats just because I didn't have any screws that were the right size. Seems like a lot of people have this trouble. Needs to be sorted out. Seems like a stupid thing to happen to so many people.

dru1974
06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
dont get me wrong at all i love y boat and am damn sure other builders have small issues aswell but it kinda peeved me a bit. on another note has anyone read the post on wake world about the guy looking to buy either a 2010 mobiu ls or a supra 22ssv. there is some guy chiming in saying that the mobius is a lesser hull design and the build isnt as good as thesupra and the tower isnt as good and on and on...should check it out, its quite rediculouse......

Ian Brantford
06-07-2010, 01:42 PM
i had the same on my 07 obv in the rear bench and replaced all the screws with shoter ss screws. so far the pin prick in the vinyl has not spread. should be a warrnty issue. not sure why they cant use shorter screws after three years of issues

It's been happening sporadically since at least 2005.

LSM
06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Same problem at the rear seat location on my 06 LSV. I'd like to see you press them to cover it under warranty. This should not be an issue on a new boat.