PDA

View Full Version : surge brakes

gus 08 mobius lsv
06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
ok i have an issue every now and then backing the boat in the garage which is slightly uphill and very slight. i understand the concept of them and their function and i never got the key for the trailer to take care of this. does everyone have an issue when backing up hill and where can i get one since the dealer i got it from never sent it with the boat?

wake08
06-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Had this issue the other day. I used two nickels glued together and that did the trick. Keep in mind when you pull forward it will pop out.

Aquaholic
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Call the UFP people, their number is in the black bag that your info is in. They are great and will-if your nice-might not charge you. I got one and I got a yard key as well. It lays across the top but does the same thing.

Aqua

Ian Brantford
06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
If you have the trailer's light plugged in and the brakes still engage, there may be a wiring fault. It's not sensing when you put the truck into reverse. Just remember to remove them before hitting the road!

The nickel trick can be made semi-permanent by putting some tape partially over the opening. Mine has this to keep the suppressor tool in place, since my boat/trailer spends most of the time on the marina property.

gus 08 mobius lsv
06-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Call the UFP people, their number is in the black bag that your info is in. They are great and will-if your nice-might not charge you. I got one and I got a yard key as well. It lays across the top but does the same thing.

Aqua

who is the ufp? and what is the yard key ? thanks for the info aqua

Frank Smith
06-05-2010, 11:30 PM
You can get the Brake lock out key from Boatmate http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Brake+Components-tag-Brake+Components/Brake+Lock-out+Key+%28Cust%29-t-65-2062.htm

gus 08 mobius lsv
06-06-2010, 09:07 AM
You can get the Brake lock out key from Boatmate http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Brake+Components-tag-Brake+Components/Brake+Lock-out+Key+%28Cust%29-t-65-2062.htm

thanks frank i'll hit them up for one