PDA

View Full Version : Blessed!

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Sometimes we are truly blessed. It had just started to rain and the pavement was slick. My oldest daughter who has had her license for 2 weeks drove around a corner, slipped the back end loose and slid into a very severe and deep ditch. Did about $3k damage to a red Mustang but she's not hurt.

badasshybrid
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Glad shes ok, also nice first car.

I let my daughter drive my Armada for the first time last week. Shes been driving about 1 month and doing well. We went around a corner near the house and I had to grab the wheel from the passenger seat so we would make it. Scared the crap out of me.

woodrowlow
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Glad she is okay! Wow, makes u count ur blessings!!!!

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I'll take any accident where everybody's OK. Life's short enough.

It's a great car. I picked it up a few years ago. It's just a v-6 automatic but it's fun. A female teacher bought it new and a dealer grabbed it for his wife after it was traded in. When she got a new volvo or saab convertible I grabbed this one. It's a 96 with 105k on it but my Dad and I put a new top on it a couple years ago and rebuilt the front end. I put wheels from a 2000 GT or something on it and new tires a few years back. It looks way better than it is but it's a good car. I hope they don't try to "total" it if it's over 3k of damage to the front end. The side you can't see got jacked pretty good.

jmvotto
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Kane,

Glad everyone is ok.

my girls are 12 and its only around the corner til the drive and it's scary as a DAD:(

wolfeman131
06-04-2010, 12:22 AM
WOW! We're sure glad it was just the car that got banged up!

Same thing I told my wife when she got in a nasty accident with a carload of kiddos (ours and our friend's). A vehicle is just metal, plastic and rubber and can be replaced. As long as everyone is OK, let the insurance guy step up after the years and years we've been paying him.

cab13367
06-04-2010, 02:20 AM
kane,

Good to hear that your daughter is okay. And I hope they don't total the 'stang!

Al

tazz3069
06-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Kane
glad to hear that she is OK. I am kind of nervous myself. My son has his drivers permit and his birthday is right around the corner. People here in Vegas drive like they own the roads. But on the other hand, really glad shes OK. You can always buy or fix another vehicle, but you can never replace a love one.
Tazz

moombadaze
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
she's not hurt.

Thats the only thing that matters

kaneboats
06-04-2010, 09:10 AM
As long as everyone is OK, let the insurance guy step up after the years and years we've been paying him.

LOL. I just switched to a new company on May 19. Great way to start off with them. Then again, a property damage only accident isn't a big deal to them.

kaneboats
06-05-2010, 10:01 PM
The car has rust underneath and seriously affects its value and fixability. It came from IL where they salt the roads mercilessly. I'm going to get a check and go look for another Mustang. They are being very fair based on how it looked before the fram and undercarriage damage. I'll keep everybody informed about how it goes.

Thanks all for the kind words about my daughter. Some things are more precious to me than my own life.