PDA

View Full Version : Is digital pro like PP?

loudsubz
06-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Our new boat comes with Digital Pro. We did not build the package it was just a good deal the dealer already had in stock. I did a search but didn't find to much info on it.

brain_rinse
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Digital Pro is the variety of Perfect Pass. Moomba Cruise would be the alternative.

loudsubz
06-03-2010, 09:57 PM
thanks for clearing that up :)

cab13367
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Digital Pro is the variety of Perfect Pass. Moomba Cruise would be the alternative.

Not sure about that. Under "What's new for 2010" on this site, one of the items listed says, "New Digital Cruise speed based cruise system now standard on all Moombas." Maybe that's what they are calling digital pro which would not be the same as Perfect Pass.

Al

TL7
06-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Cab is correct. We have a 2010 and it has the digital cruise. It's simply the same EZ Cruise Moomba has had but it is now speed based rather than RPM based. Works about the same as the old RPM based version, but this one holds speed better on turns.

loudsubz
06-04-2010, 07:26 AM
what advantages does pp have over this?

brain_rinse
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Not sure about that. Under "What's new for 2010" on this site, one of the items listed says, "New Digital Cruise speed based cruise system now standard on all Moombas." Maybe that's what they are calling digital pro which would not be the same as Perfect Pass.

Al
You're right, they have changed the Moomba Cruise to a digital setup. But did they really acquire the name from Perfect Pass?

maxpower220
06-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Our new boat comes with Digital Pro. We did not build the package it was just a good deal the dealer already had in stock. I did a search but didn't find to much info on it.

Since you got a "good deal" and the dealer had it in stock. I believe that you have the older, but good, version of Perfect Pass. You should be able to upgrade to Stargazer for a little more money if you want GPS accuracy.
The new Moomba Cruise comes on every new boat and would not be an "upgrade".

You can check on Perfect Passes website for all the info on that product.

cab13367
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
You're right, they have changed the Moomba Cruise to a digital setup. But did they really acquire the name from Perfect Pass?

Dan,

I stand corrected - sounds like it is PP.

Loud,

Why don't u just call the dealer and ask them as well as your other questions regarding what stereo the boat has, diameter of the tower, etc? We don't mind answering but your dealer should be able to answer all your questions on this particular boat vs us guessing at it.

Al

brain_rinse
06-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Dan,

I stand corrected - sounds like it is PP.

Loud,

Why don't u just call the dealer and ask them as well as your other questions regarding what stereo the boat has, diameter of the tower, etc? We don't mind answering but your dealer should be able to answer all your questions on this particular boat vs us guessing at it.

Al
I don't know, Al... now you've got me thinking. Digital Pro is an older version of PP, so are they really installing this in new boats? Either way, you are right on - just call the dealer and get this and the rest of your questions answered definitively. Then report back and let us know what you find out.

squeeg333
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I've also got Digital Pro on my 08 LSV. I didn't relize it was an older version, but it is a "fuller" version of Perfect Pass. It works really well, I'm I am super happy with it!
You can do RPM mode, Speed mode, Slalom, Jump, etc etc... it's pretty loaded with things you can do. Though, I don't imagine anyone on this site would need the Jump mode, but hey, when in Rome.

maxpower220
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to make any think that Digital Pro is "old", it is still being produced and sold.

I am just guessing with the hints of "good deal" and "in stock" which I took as dealer installed (not factory) and that he had it on his shelf and not ordered new from PP.

squeeg333
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
No worries man. It didn't get me worried. For me, it's on an 08, so (unfortunately) you could consider that old - at least in speaking of technology.

In any case, my PP seems to work well!