PDA

View Full Version : Ride Knoxville

Spicer318
06-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Anyone looking to ride in Knoxville, TN? I moved here late this winter and have been have been looking for some people to ride with. I have a 01 Mobius DD I can take out anytime. Knoxville has been pretty good time, but I haven't gotten to enjoy what I have love about TN the most, the water.

scoot_gt
06-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Try http://www.knoxwake.com/

ssmith
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Yep, 2nd the knoxwake.com

Spicer318
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Awesome, thanks guys. A lot of guys at work ride, but are older and always doing the family thing so we cant always get out. There's way to much water here to not use.

deerfield
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Compared to Illinois, Tennessee is looking pretty good to me. In addition to lots of clean water for boating fun, Tennessee has no state income tax, a sales tax rate of just 5% - 7.5% (Chicago is above 10%), a gas tax of only 21.4 cents/gallon (Illinois is 39.3 cents/gallon), a sovereign credit rating of AA+ (Illlinois is in the worst shape of all fifty states, with a huge pension liability that will make it even worse for this who stick around), low property taxes, and affordable housing. Chattanooga looks pretty interesting to me. It's a two hour drive to Atlanta if I need a direct flight to DC, Chicago, or Denver. It's in reasonably close proximity to Nashville and Knoxville. Climate is more moderate than northern Illinois. May end up haning with you guys a year from now.

ssmith
06-04-2010, 05:51 PM
TN is a great state to live for all the reasons mentioned. However, its the only state I've ever lived, lol. I live in Cookeville, TN. Its midway on I-40 between Knoxville and Nashville. Also, I'm pretty much between two great lakes. I'm about 30 minutes to either Centerhill or Dale Hollow, so I can't complain. The water in Dale Hollow is amazingly clear. We even scuba dive there occassionally. I prefer Nash or Knox over Chattanooga for whatever reason but like all 3. Chatt is close to Atl which is nice for flights. We usually fly out of Nashville but always check Atl. Whichever is cheaper is the one we go with. Look us up if you head this way.

kaneboats
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Deerfield, move down there and we'll see you next year on Dale Hollow. Daze and I have been trying to plan a trip up there for 2 years now. I think next year it's gonna happen.

deerfield
06-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Kane - I just went to the Dale Hollow tourism web site and like what I see. Lake is big and clean. Lots of shoreline and places to get away from the crowd for smooth water. Can rent a really, really nice place to stay (5 rooms, 3 baths, huge deck, fantastic kitchen) for a full week for a reasonable price. Tennessee beckons....... - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
I think we should plan the biggest Moomba owners event of all time next year (2011) summer on Dale Hollow. Wouldn't that be something? I'll ask my sister to come and make a documentary. She's an emmy winning producer in Hollywood. It would be a blast!!!!!!

Todd_Droz
06-05-2010, 05:22 AM
I've never been to Dale Hollow because I almost always go to Norris. We are really fortunate here in the Knoxville area to have all the water we do and plenty of options for clean lakes. I suppose thats why so many boat manufacturers are within a stone's throw of each other here - Skier's Choice, Sea Ray, MasterCraft, Bryant.....

Check the Wake Shop at American Boat Center too, they always have something going on.

ssmith
06-05-2010, 06:35 AM
We boat Dale Hollow 3 times per week. I'd stay at one of these, depending on your needs.

http://www.mitchellcreekmarina.com/

http://www.willowgrove.com/

http://www.sunsetmarina.com/

Spicer318
06-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Its good to hear the good things about the area. Ive been ridding Dale hollow for the past 7 years. Put together a houseboat trip with 6 boats and close to 140 Midwest collegiate skiers this past May. The water down here is half the reason I moved. If any of you guys are ever around and looking to ride just hit me up, I'm normally pretty flexible.

deerfield
06-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Deerfield, move down there and we'll see you next year on Dale Hollow. Daze and I have been trying to plan a trip up there for 2 years now. I think next year it's gonna happen.

Kane - It is certain that Mrs D and I are relocating. Our youngest will be a senior in high school come this September and then off to college August of next year. We are working through the college search with him and hoping to match the logistics of a new home location with the conference. He plans to swim D1 and we want to watch him compete. For lots of good reasons Chattanooga has been and remains at the top of the relocation list for us. Might be fun to trailer our Outback down and rent one of the these houseboats that ssmith spotted for a week on Dale Hollow Lake a year from now. - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
When you get out of Chi-town you will never look back. It's amazing how bad the weather, roads, politics, WS fans, etc. are there.

deerfield
06-09-2010, 11:19 PM
When you get out of Chi-town you will never look back. It's amazing how bad the weather, roads, politics, WS fans, etc. are there.

Well, kinda tough to say anything bad right now that the Hawks won the Stanley Cup. Ya-ba-da-ba-doo!!

jbheuerman
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd be up for a massive Moomba meet in Dale Hollow...only about 6 hours for me. Looks like a great place!

deerfield
06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd be up for a massive Moomba meet in Dale Hollow...only about 6 hours for me. Looks like a great place!

jb - Minnesota folks hit the road with Wisconsin folks falling in behind them as they drive south, forming an expanding convoy as the Illinois and Indiana contingent merge, reaching critical mass in Tennessee with folks who have driven north from the southern and southeastern states, for a Skiers Choice shindig at Dale Hollow. That would be a party! - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Pick a date!

patrick232
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm currently reading this sitting at our condo on Norris Lake. Have not checked the boards that much while on vacation, but I would have given you a pull this week. As for a Skiers Choice shindig at Dale Hollow I would be in since I'm in Cookeville about once every 8 weeks. My second production plant is located there. If not Norris would work also our place is about 20 minutes of I75.

jbheuerman
06-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Haha - Deerfield...that would be awesome!! Now that's a Moomba take-over!!

June 25, 2011 - just throwing it out there?

jclay5
06-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Anyone looking to ride in Knoxville, TN? I moved here late this winter and have been have been looking for some people to ride with. I have a 01 Mobius DD I can take out anytime. Knoxville has been pretty good time, but I haven't gotten to enjoy what I have love about TN the most, the water.

Spicer, give me a shout anytime you want to ride... you can email me at jonkclay at gmail.com

My wife and I are in our mid 20's and enjoy riding and are always looking for people to to ride with and pitch in on gas...

If you get this today we will be headed out around 5:15 to grab a few sets.... Just so you know we love the sport but suck at it =D

Also to the rest of you.... we will be spending this July 4th weekend on Dale Hollow Lake... We are looking forward to it and will update with details and pics when we get back... other great lakes in the area are Norris Lake and Center Hill lake.... East Tennessee is jam packed full of lakes and the boating community is huge.

Regards,

jclay5
06-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Kane - It is certain that Mrs D and I are relocating. Our youngest will be a senior in high school come this September and then off to college August of next year. We are working through the college search with him and hoping to match the logistics of a new home location with the conference. He plans to swim D1 and we want to watch him compete. For lots of good reasons Chattanooga has been and remains at the top of the relocation list for us. Might be fun to trailer our Outback down and rent one of the these houseboats that ssmith spotted for a week on Dale Hollow Lake a year from now. - Deerfield

Kane,

Be sure to check out UT Knoxville.... great athletic program and we have a brand new 20+ million dollar collegiate aquatics center right next to the old one.

deerfield
06-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Kane,

Be sure to check out UT Knoxville.... great athletic program and we have a brand new 20+ million dollar collegiate aquatics center right next to the old one.

jclay - Appreciate the suggestion. Have added it to the list of schools we are exploring with him. Thanks. - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Yup, that was Deerfield, not me. I just look that old. I don't have any kids in college for at least 2 maybe 3 more years. :)