PDA

View Full Version : New Engine and New Prop

98outback
06-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Well after the trouble I had with the water in the oil it turned out to be the #5 cylinder was cracked. Still dont know exactly how it happened but the insurance company said it was freeze damage. It was not like that when I put it up for the winter and then the first outing of the year it showed the problems. Insurance put a new engine in it and I also had my new OJ 14.25 x 14.5 put on. I lost some speed on the top end but what a difference it makes out of the hole. After The engine was broke in at 25hrs the oil was changed and everything was looked over. After that I filled up the sacs and we wakesurdef. This prop made a big difference over the 14x18. So after 4 1/2 weeks without the boat this made my memorial day weekend great.

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
So glad to hear you're back running again. What an ordeal.

phospher
06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
What insurance company do you use that covers freeze damange? I'm pretty sure mine does not.

98outback
06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
BoatUS. I didnt even know I had it at first but after checking over my policy I did. I am only paying an additional $4 per year for it. Im thankful that I had it. The were very professional and easy to deal with. I gave them what they asked for and they didnt hassle me about anything. Was a smooth process from start to finish. I would def recommend them.

jester
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
That is good to hear they took care of it. I have been looking to change my insurance and BoatUS is now something to look into.