PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an Acme 1235?

you da man
06-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone has this prop on their boat currently and what the resulting performance is.

moombadaze
06-03-2010, 07:42 AM
check the prop testing that Ed G put on, we may have tested that prop on a XLV.

sandm
06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
if it's not on there, lmk. I have ed's sheets at home, just haven't had time to sort all the data into a pdf to post up here.
hoping friday night to get it done..

I bought the one off the prop test. only had a chance to try it out once and initially, the holeshot loaded when surfing seemed amazing, but again, it was a cold day and only surfed for around 30 minutes. weather has finally turned here so planning on getting out sunday for the day :)

Aquaholic
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
What do you want know?

I have a top speed of 34 GPS calibrated speed, I have the 180lbs of lead in the nose, 2 750 lbs rear bags and a 1100lb center bag. Even when full of water and people boat gets on plane with no problems,
at 24 mph I turn about 3000 rpm. The prop pulls like a bull. When the boat is empty of water ballast, you can feel the rear end lift up when you punch it.

I love it. I did the numbers for acme and they let me have my pick of props I have the 1235 and 527. Both are real close in performance but the 1235 is just bad to the bone.

I turn in all the test data to Acme so the accuate stuff is just what I remember and what I see day to day.

Aqua

you da man
06-03-2010, 11:42 PM
What do you want know?

I have a top speed of 34 GPS calibrated speed, I have the 180lbs of lead in the nose, 2 750 lbs rear bags and a 1100lb center bag. Even when full of water and people boat gets on plane with no problems,
at 24 mph I turn about 3000 rpm. The prop pulls like a bull. When the boat is empty of water ballast, you can feel the rear end lift up when you punch it.

I love it. I did the numbers for acme and they let me have my pick of props I have the 1235 and 527. Both are real close in performance but the 1235 is just bad to the bone.

I turn in all the test data to Acme so the accuate stuff is just what I remember and what I see day to day.

Aqua

Top speed of 34mph? I run my boat at 32-35mph quite often. That would be a fuel killer wouldn't it?

Aquaholic
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Using that prop is a performance decision only. It will guzzlle fuel and that's a fact running it at 30 plus for long periods of time, but I rarely cruise far. I run the boat around 25 mph as a cruising speed. Also I have the 340hp motor.