PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Lock - 2nd Fuel Pump

GoBucks
06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
My 2006 Moomba LSV is having vapor lock issues. I just read multiple threads on this problem. I bought the second in line fuel pump from Indmar. The pump will go before the fuel filter to put the fuel through. Of course this is warrantied on the 2007 model, but not the 2006 model.

My question: Has anyone installed the second fuel pump? Any hints or suggestions? First problem I have is that they sent a 90 degree and a straight set of fittings. Of course the straight fitting is what I need, but it is too small for the gas line.

AaronWhitt82
06-02-2010, 09:18 PM
My 2006 Moomba LSV is having vapor lock issues. I just read multiple threads on this problem. I bought the second in line fuel pump from Indmar. The pump will go before the fuel filter to put the fuel through. Of course this is warrantied on the 2007 model, but not the 2006 model.

My question: Has anyone installed the second fuel pump? Any hints or suggestions? First problem I have is that they sent a 90 degree and a straight set of fittings. Of course the straight fitting is what I need, but it is too small for the gas line.

I wish mine was under warranty, but it is a 99. I'm having the same type of problem. I'm assuming they changed the blend of the fuel again and there is possibly more ethanol in it.
I guess I'm gonna have to stock up on heet and Seafoam...
I was considering the 2nd fuel pump kit, but it is quite pricey.
I bought some heat tape from summit racing and I'm going to wrap everything fuel related with it and see if that cures the problem.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/THE-14002/
You might need to go to the parts store and pick up some different fittings....

EDIT: Saw you already responded to my thread about the problem

MEDIC151
06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I just posted about this on another thread. It most likely is the higher ethanol in the winter blend fuel. Heat soak after we ran around and then stopped would cause vapor lock and until it cooled down, it wouldn't start. I drained all of it, mixed in seafoam, and refueled with the summer blend and no more problems. Mine was vaporizing at the fuel rails and if you remove the valve stem cap and depress the stem, nothing but vapor would come out at first. I don't recommend doing this when the motor is hot for obvious reasons. Hope this helps. It took me awhile to get it sorted out, but with the help from here, I got it. I even had pressure tested the fuel system, and checked all the cylinders to make sure they were firing. Just ended up being the fuel.