PDA

View Full Version : Surf set-up for 06 or newer LS?

KurtL
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
So over the past year I've seen posts for Outback and LSV set-ups, but not LS. I've tried 400 stock under seat and 750 surf side. Pocket is good height but not very long. Do I need a bag in the ski locker? Anyone with 06-10 LS have ideas?

Thanks

kaneboats
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
The hull is the same as the LSV so, in theory, you can make just as good a surf wake. You may still have to add weight up front to lengthen the pocket-- although I would imagine it does not take as much weight forward as the LSV due to the DD engine placement. You might also have to play with the wake plate a little as the setting might not be all the way up where many of us run it.

KurtL
06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Kane, thanks. We do run wakeplate all the way up, does make a difference. I'm hoping someone had figured out the ideal base set up for this direct drive. Just wanting to take surfing up a notch this summer and start trying 360 etc, but got to get a longer wave to do it!

bbyquist
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey Kurt, thats about the same setup we are running. I fill the center bag and factory surf side hard tank and then add a 750 surf side on the floor. Usually surfing with 4-8 people in the boat. I have the same problem, good height but very short pocket. I don't know about you other guys with an LS, but I'm hesitant to put weight up front...we've already taken a few over the bow. Hopefully somebody out there has come up with a way to lengthen the pocket on the LS without increasing risk of dunking it...

SEARK
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Finally figured it out last weekend. No water in front bag, just fill rear surf side with wp all the way up and run between 10.3 and 10.6 mph. Usually have several people in the the boat and try to place them as close to the side as I can. Getting a great wave now. Filling the front bag would tend to make the front of the boat sit to much in the water with the added weight of the motor in the middle of the boat.

KurtL
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this. I had hoped that the ski locker bag would solve the problem? Sounds like it doesn't. Thanks for the info. Any other ideas guys?

KurtL
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Seark,
Didn't see your post. Thanks, we'll give it a try as soon as it warms above 60. Hoping water temp is finally in the 50s.

bbyquist
06-04-2010, 03:00 AM
I feel your pain about the water temps Kurt, we haven't been on the water yet this year. I'm looking at the ten day forecast and it doesn't look good for us in the near future! Guess we have to suck it up and break out the wet suits.