PDA

View Full Version : sprinkler valve repair?

crzykueter
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I am having trouble with my 06 xlv ballast system. My bags are filling at the same time. I have trouble shot the switch problem, and am still having trouble with each valve closing completely. Can I repair or clean these valves out to make them operate properly or do I need to buy new valves?

cab13367
06-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I am having trouble with my 06 xlv ballast system. My bags are filling at the same time. I have trouble shot the switch problem, and am still having trouble with each valve closing completely. Can I repair or clean these valves out to make them operate properly or do I need to buy new valves?

So you checked the little black levers on the valves and they are in the correct position?

Yes, you can take them apart and see if there is any debris causing them not to fully close, or you can go to HD and buy new ones for around $10 each.

Hillbilly
06-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Fixed my problem of ballast filling while under way !

I just shut the ball valve before the fill pump ! Guess it's not a fix but it will do for now.....LOL

viking
06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
So you checked the little black levers on the valves and they are in the correct position?

Yes, you can take them apart and see if there is any debris causing them not to fully close, or you can go to HD and buy new ones for around $10 each.

That's what I did. I had mine apart 3 or 4 times and just finally replaced the sucker. Works fine now :)

crzykueter
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys. Just didnt want to create a mess I couldnt fix. Even better news that I can get them new at home depot cheap.