PDA

View Full Version : Electrical trouble

Gilly
06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
'08 LSV. Went through a pretty big wake which jolted the boat, engine cut out like someone pulled the plug on an appliance. Not responsive to turning the key now, though the amp needle moves on my dash and other stuff works like stereo, blower, etc. Battery cables are tight, ignition and main fuse look fine. Any ideas? We have some sort of problem with the electrical connections on this boat every other time we use it. Motor's great when it has tight electrical connections or gets the signal from the throttle. Is the entire electrical system connected with the cheapest plastic harnesses on the planet or what's the deal, anyone else have these sorts of problems? I've owned this boat less than a year and had to be towed several times now and had it in and out of the shop at least 5 times already. Always seems to be unplug & replug some tough to get to electrical connector harness. Frustrated owner, Gilly

Gilly
06-07-2010, 03:44 PM
My dealer has been working with SC, they've paid for the fixes so far. Could it be that unplugging & replugging is just re-setting something on the ECM and that there's a short or grounding fault or something going on in my ECM? In other words, maybe we've been treating symptoms rather than the problem?
Gilly

ferrarimoomba
06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Check your connection to your solenoid. I had something similar with my '97 boomerang and that was the only loose connection I could find...seems to have fixed it

ferrarimoomba
08-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Or Distributor Cap