PDA

View Full Version : Skiers in East Tn

TNH2oSkier
07-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I am looking for regular ski partners for tellico, & ft loudon or nearby. We have moved into the area and I am driving my wife crazy dragging her to the lake all the time. Send me an email if your interested. Jeff

AJones
07-17-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm a little farther up the road than Tellico or Ft Loudon but if you ever get up to Cherokee near Morristown, give me a PM. We don't have a coarse anymore but we have fun anyway. If you have access to a coarse I might be able to make a couple of trips down your way. I use to bass fish tournaments on the lower ends of Tellico and Loudon several years ago. My wife and daughter have never seen either lake so they might get excited to go. By the way, Douglas use to have a course across from Cowboy's restaurant on the lower end of the lake. I haven't been there in a couple of years so I'm not sure if it’s still there.

My Web Site (http://webpages.charter.net/oscar91/webcams.htm)

TNH2oSkier
07-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I have access to a course at Ft. Loudon. Its not to bad during the weekday afternoons or early am sat or sun. My wife and I visited Cherokee a couple of weeks ago by car and we thought it was really pretty. We would love to come for a tour of the lake and some skiing sometime. How crowded is it during the weekends?

AJones
07-17-2004, 05:51 PM
A crowded day on Cherokee is nothing compared to what I've seen on the lower end of Loudon. Cherokee doesn't get too crowded especially after the July 4th holiday. This might because in prior years TVA started drawing the lake level down pretty fast after the 4th. Cherokee and Douglas are both flood control lakes along with Norris and other smaller lakes farther up stream. The word is that TVA will start leaving the water levels up until Labor Day starting this year. I'll believe it when I see it happen.