PDA

View Full Version : engine alarm?

flex
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
while in the boat today an alarm started from under the stern/dash, a continious alarm with no beeps. we docked for and hour or so and after starting the engine, this is when the alarm started sounding. i referenced the manual from indmar & moomba, but there is nothing covering alarm sounds. i checked the fluid levels of the oil, transmission & v drive and all are within spec.

the only thing out of the ordinary i noticed was the perfect pass (PP) dispaly was off, it was lit up but nothing on the dispaly. it was woking fine all day. i did a search on alarms, and the only thing i found is PP has an alarm on it. could this be the alarm i hear?

anyone know or have the alarms the engine will sound off? or where to find a list?

flex
05-30-2010, 11:30 PM
think i have it figured out. i jiggled the PP module and the alarm shut off & the dispaly is working normal.

Happy Boating & have a fun Memorial Day!!!

flex
06-02-2010, 03:39 PM
update...went wakeboarding sunday and the alarm started again. had to unplug PP and pull boarders the old school way. i called PP tues and they are shipping a new unit under warrenty. it is supposed to be in tomorrow. i'll put a couple of hours on this weekend; hopefully this will solve the issue.

major props to PP!!!

kaneboats
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Hope that works for you. Please post your results. Thanks!

flex
06-07-2010, 10:46 AM
pulgged the new PP in last thursday and no alarm. went boarding saturday morning with no alarms or issues. jsut need to calibrate the speed now.