PDA

View Full Version : Changing oil on 2004 XLV

boatnuts
07-16-2004, 10:49 PM
I have looked through all the manuals and cannot find where the water inlet is for the engine. There are two inlets toward the rear, but I think those are for the rear ballasts. I would like to warm up the engine prior to draining the oil.

07-18-2004, 03:43 PM
One is for ballast and one is engine inlet.I have a 04 Mob LSV.The one on the drivers side is ballast inlet,engine is the other one.Open up your engine compartment and foolow the hoses.The ballast inlest goes to a pump.

07-18-2004, 03:57 PM
one is ballast and one is engine.Look in the engine comp. and follow the hoses.Engine hose goes to V drive and the ballast goes to what looks like a bilge pump.
John

GlassCutter
08-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm no expert, but I think I know what you are looking for. It sounds like you do not have the "flush kit" option on your boat. If you do, you should see a hose fitting on you water cooling line (don't know about the XLV, but on our 2000 Mobius V it is right by the v-drive unit). If you don't have the flush kit option, on the bottom of the boat you should see an intake. Ours is about 1.5 inches in diameter. The problem is finding something to fit onto the intake so you can hook a hose up and get water into it. Overton's sells a device. I think it is called "fake-a-lake".

Good luck,
Cutter

GlassCutter
08-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm no expert, but I think I know what you are looking for. It sounds like you do not have the "flush kit" option on your boat. If you do, you should see a hose fitting on you water cooling line (don't know about the XLV, but on our 2000 Mobius V it is right by the v-drive unit). If you don't have the flush kit option, on the bottom of the boat you should see an intake. Ours is about 1.5 inches in diameter. The problem is finding something to fit onto the intake so you can hook a hose up and get water into it. Overton's sells a device. I think it is called "fake-a-lake".

Good luck,
Cutter