PDA

View Full Version : Mirror help

Hoopskier
05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
I have been playing with 2 different mirror set ups and neither one I seem to like much. I had one that mounted on the windshield, but it was on the center walk-thru piece-This setup was on the boat when I bought it. It was also screwed into the frame. Was removed because the it put alot of stress on the frame and window had to be closed for it to be used.

I recently moved to a tower mounted mirror. Down falls are it shakes when the tower shakes, when the bimini is open that is all I can see, and the mirror has to be moved to put the tower down. I do like the looks though.

I am thinking of dumping that setup as well and going with this http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-M2000-Comp-Universal-Mirror/dp/B0009PSA4O
I have prior experience with this mirror and know it works well, just don't have one for my boat.

I have provided some pics of my current mirror, I might try to move it down once to see if there is any change (don't just see bimini top). Any other suggetions to see if this can work before I spend more cash.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/hoopskier/DSC00225.jpg
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/hoopskier/DSC00226.jpg

zabooda
05-30-2010, 06:37 PM
I have something similar and it works well. I have to take mine off when I put the cover on as I have the mirror above the windshield so it doesn't block my view.

ian ashton
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
That's mounted super high. Mine has an articulating arm, so when we are just driving I have it high like yours, then when we ski I adjust it down right about the windshield.

deerfield
05-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Hoopskier - How is the CIPA M2000 model different from the mirror that came with your boat and which also mounts to the windshield? I have one I can send you. Here are some pics. Just not sure it is an improvement. - Deerfield

Sled491
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Right I was looking at what your considering, not sure how it is different than the stock one that came on Deerfields and my boat. Again though it is mounted on the windshield.

Hoopskier
05-31-2010, 02:50 AM
Deerfield, the one you pictured is the one I don't have. When I had purchased the boat the guy gave me a mount only. It was made for the mirror glass that I'm still using, the post style mount. It was screwed to the windshield frame, not clamped. It would still be in use but thought it would eventually ruin the windshield frame, and found it annoying that had to have the window closed to use. The guy told me it was from a mastercraft, no wonder it wasn't very good. I don't have a pic of it but maybe will have to get one to help explain it.

I''l try lowering mine to see if it helps any before I jump to something else.

deerfield
05-31-2010, 09:07 AM
I''l try lowering mine to see if it helps any before I jump to something else.

Hoop - Does this bracket work with your current mirror? If you decide to jump to something else will you need both this bracket as well as the mirror? - Deerfield

newyear14
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I believe its mounted a bit high. Try mounting it just below the horizontal bar.

newyear14
05-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Check out samsonsports.com. They have an articulating tower mirror that may work for you. I am considering one myself.

fastlx
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
I just bought the one from samson. I must say that the quality is incredible. I have yet to put it on the boat, but I will post when I do.

eseebeck
06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
wanna sell your old arm. I need a tower mirror arm bad, but don't want to spend a bunch of $$$

RideNH
06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
wanna sell your old arm. I need a tower mirror arm bad, but don't want to spend a bunch of $$$

http://www.avengerwakesports.com/wakeboardmirrors.html

They have some fairly inexpensive tower mirrors there, I'm thinking of ordering one from there myself.

walb0244
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
I pretty much got the same mirror that you are looking to get. I don't really like it. We use to have the mirror that mounted to the tower but it didn't fit the new tower. I would be willing to trade. :D

mtvfiremedic
06-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I have 02 LSV - I use the CIPA comp Mirror w. the 2 articulating sides and a center immovable section.. I love that mirror. I currently have it mounted to the windshield above driver... clamps to frame..works great.. it is the same one as pictured in the AMAZON photo..
I bought the mirror and the clamp together. the advantage of the articulating side mirrors is that you can see skiers and boarders in the flats w/o looking over your shoulder. I plan on mounting the mirror to the sampson mirror mount this year.. IMO its a great product.

if not going tower mount.. the clamp works well... is fairly solid, doesnt mar the finish and folds down when traveling..

cachais
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
My wife purchased the CIPA one from amazon for me for Fathers Day. I have an 08 outback and have no idea where to mount it. If I mount it on the drivers side, it seems like my kids will be bumping everytime they walk to the bow area. If I move it close to the driver side, won't that block my view? Do I mount it on the passenger side? Any advice or pics of where you mouted it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a first time boat owner and am obviously clueless about it. Thanks!

Hoopskier
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
cachais-First off, Welcome. My brother has the CIPA/M2000 mirror. He has his straight up from the steering wheel. This is actually where my tower mount mirror ends up as well. Remember that you should be able to rotate/adjust the bracket around so that the mirror is actually above the windshield and not hanging below it, blocking your veiw. Hope this helps.

Also for everyone else, I resolve my issue some, so far. I move the mirror down on the tower. The clamp is below the cross bar instead of above it. I'll try it this way for a while and see how I like it. The water was really ruff this past weekend from tons of boat traffic so it shook alot again. I'll try again on a better day.