PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Launch Pad sac's?

jester
05-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I am looking to buy two Launch Pad 540 sac's and wanted to know people thoughts? I was looking at the Fly High 565 but I can get two Launch pads for the cost of one fly high. I will plum the bags into the boat so i will not have to put a pump overboard to fill the sac's.

Razzman
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
are they compatible with the Fly High fittings? If not you'd have to work something out.

jester
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
They are not but I do not have sac's or hoses in my V drive locker right now so no worry's on that.

Jeff W
05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Just dpeneds on what fitting adapters you have. I have 2 launch pads and they work great. Just make sure you get all the right fittings.

kaneboats
05-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it's an inferior product, but for half price-- if you are careful with them-- it may be worth a try.

lgs
06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I just bought those this weekend. I have an 08 xlvgg with the 400's in rear and 650 in the middle. It's nice to have the extra weight available when you don't have the pp to get up at 7am with you. I bought a twin 540 bags for $190 bucks... u can't find those prices on other ballast bags I have been looking. I am still messing with the right placement but WOW what a difference. for regular side i put one ontop other the 400 and fits perfectly in the rear locker and closes! and the other I put in the middle on the seats and used the the straps around the handles by the cup holders. I am going to try to put one up in the bow this weekend, I will try to get some pics up to show u

brain_rinse
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Not nearly as durable, but will hold water and add weight as designed. Personally I'd pony up for the fly high's but in the end it's your money and both will do the trick.

sandm
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I have 3 of the launch pad link 440's with the zippered covers and the straps that I use on the floor/seats and have the over-the-edge pump to fill them with. I have had good luck with them over the last 3 years with no issues, however I have fly highs in the compartments around the boat. the fly highs seem to be made better and a little more durable.

I have seen the new sumo sacks on the internet and for whatever reason, they seem to look cheap. just my opinion. If I was buying again, I'd buy fly high for all of them. if I ever blow a launchpad, I'll replace it with a fly high in the launchpad cover..

NCSUmoomba
06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Ed is right. Fly High Fat Sacs are the best, once you buy them, you won't have to think about them again.