PDA

View Full Version : Slight Fuel Pump Leak

phospher
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Has anyone ever noticed a little bit of dampness on the fuel pump nut that connects the fuel pump to the fuel line? I've only noticed it when the boat is running or soon after it's been shutdown? I have an 08 Outback DD and right where the fuel pump connects to the fuel line I always get a tad bit of what looks like condensation. The nut seems tight. Not sure what to do.

seanpatsdad
05-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Any smell,probably just condensation.

phospher
05-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I think it smells like fuel. I looks like the might have used some type of sealant where the bolt threads onto the fuel pump.. If I back the screw out is the fuel going to be under pressure?

phospher
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I found a perfect picture on this site. In the picture below you can see the green corosion between the two nuts. That is exactly where mine seems to leak a little bit.

phospher
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I'll bet I could lossen the bolts and put some type of sealant around the threads? maybe teflon tape? though I don't know how that would hold up against the fuel.

phospher
07-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Teflon tape did the trick. I tried re-tightening it and re-seating the rubber gasket to no avail. After adding the teflon tape it hasn't leaked a drop. Fantastic.

kaneboats
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear you got that worked out. Nobody like a fuel lead; don't care how small it is. They don't get smaller.