PDA

View Full Version : KICKER Marine ZXM-RLC Dual-Zone Remote Level Control

Razzman
05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Well look here at what Kicker just released, i'll be trying one of these as soon as i can get it! A perfect way to address the fading of cabin and tower speakers. Dual-zone remote level control with 9v rms output to the amps. You can read more about it here (http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/kicker-marine-zxm-rlc-dual-zone-remote-level-control.html).

ian ashton
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I am searching for a price and availability, but haven't found anything. I want one now, especially since I'm installing my towers this weekend.

Razzman
05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Ian they won't be out until next month and i haven't heard the price yet but i do know it's supposed to be very reasonable.

jmvotto
05-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Ian wait til you hear the towers they scream and sound great.....

Razz, this would have been nice to know a little while ago I could have held off on the ws 420 , i got my my bday, I have the best wife.....:D

Does it only intergrate with kicker amps, i see that bass control knob in there...

Razzman
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Razz, this would have been nice to know a little while ago I could have held off on the ws 420 , i got my my bday, I have the best wife.....:D

Does it only intergrate with kicker amps, i see that bass control knob in there...

Don't know about integration, but if you look at the pic you'll see the RJ cable as well as RCA outputs which seems to say it works with anything.

I've emailed Phil for more info, specifically about the single input.

ian ashton
05-28-2010, 11:47 AM

I'm pretty excited to get them hooked up. I have the BoardersMall cans, and I bought a Kicker ZX350.4 to power them, at 175w per speaker. I'm mounting them a bit differently than normal, I should have pics up tonight or tomorrow in a new thread.

It appears that the 'bass knob' is just the knob to control each zone. From the looks of it, you can use it with any amp, its just using the same technology as the 'bass knob' as a seperate unit to distribute the audio signal and control volume, without having to run RCA's all over.

mmandley
05-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't know about integration, but if you look at the pic you'll see the RJ cable as well as RCA outputs which seems to say it works with anything.

I've emailed Phil for more info, specifically about the single input.

Unless Kicker changed some things with there RJ cable then it will only work with Kicker gear. I tried there RJ cables and volume box on my Exile stuff as an experiment and it doesn't work at all.

ian ashton
05-28-2010, 10:18 PM
This is not the same as their bass volume knob that connects directly to their amps - this is a line level controller, using the same remove to control volume. I'd bet that it will control anything with RCAs.

morgan040
05-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Oh I will def be getting one of these good thing I know a friend where I can get these at acomidation prices :D

philwsailz
06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Guys-

This is a pretty simple piece, basically a dual-zone preamplifer.

The input side has differential line level RCA inputs, good for head unit voltage to about 4.5 - 5 volts. Then the outputs are line-level RCA, with up to 9 volts output, each controlled independently.

The RJ cables are just the control cables; there is no audio signal that goes out and back through the knobs. You mount the "brains box" right next to your amps, keeping your RCA cables as short as possible. The RJ cables only connect between the rotary volume controls and the pre-amp module, not to any amps directly.

All audio connections are via standard line-level RCA cables, so the ZXM-RLC will work with any head unit or amplifier brand out there. The device has up to 2x gain, so you can acutally turn stuff UP, as opposed to older simpler passive units, like the old Soundgate piece that used a passive 10K ganged stereo pot where you can only turn things down.

Stay tuned for better shippig info, and I will try to get some estimates for pricing out there soon, but know it is reasonable...

Phil
Kicker

ian ashton
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Any updates on the availability of these?

Razzman
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Phil told me last week it would be next month probably.

philwsailz
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
We should be able to start shipping them July 15th hopefully. Cross your fingers...

Phil
Kicker

ian ashton
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
They are crossed! Am I going to have to pre-order like I did for my iPhone 4 (picking up tomorrow, woowoo!) LOL

sandm
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
good replacement for the pac lc-1 as it will keep the signal boosted, something the pac does not. jl has something like this already in the $65-70 range that I think is the same basic concept, but doesn't have near the output voltage that kicker is showing :) I'd be all over a set of these for the cabin/tower if the price was more attractive than the jl units.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep.php?prod_id=446

edit: I see that the kicker is one input and 2 outputs unlike the jl that is one-one. bet this will have a lot of good car audio applications for those that don't have a ton of outputs.

EarmarkMarine
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Just to clarify the JL unit is $60 before any other considerations.
7.5 Volts is more than plenty.
Did you notice the JL has built-in pass-thru RCAs for using multiples?

David
Earmark Marine

philwsailz
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Guys, just a quick note.

These are now shipping.

Phil
Kicker

lewisb13
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Pricing? :D

philwsailz
07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, they have a price... :D

MSRP is $89.95

ian ashton
07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I WANT! I can't find any online retailers that have it yet...

philwsailz
07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
I bet you would!

Check with David at Earmark Marine, he has some on the way....

Phil
Kicker

EarmarkMarine
07-22-2010, 10:45 AM
The Kicker line driver/controller has been up on our website on-line store for awhile. Its under the volume control section with equalizers, line drivers and auto controls.

David
Earmark Marine

ian ashton
07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Thats the only place I've seen them available. I'm ordering one right now actually. $91 shipped.

ian ashton
07-23-2010, 04:31 PM
SCORE! I highly reccomend Earmark - they apparantly offer a 10% discount to Moomba forum members - I didn't know about it, but the person who filled my order saw my post on here and gave me the discount and a refund of the difference. Talk about customer service!

you da man
07-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok Phil,

Besides Earmark, what other vendors are out there that have the ZXM-RLC?

Apparently if you don't have paypal, you can't purchase on-line from Earmark and they have no-one in their retail stores who can be of assistance.

Try calling the actual shop and not the online store number. Paypal does not require an actual Paypal account to use a credit card. I think Ed wants the part NOW and cheap.

EarmarkMarine
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Ed G,
I believe as a moderator that you even have a higher level of responsibility in representing things accuately. Its also a shame when you use your position as a manipulative tool for personal gain.
I quote from your email: "I only got visa and I ain't gonna spend time signing up for paypal."
Also, it should come as no surprise that discount coupons can not be reused for obvious reasons. So when you canceled your order the coupon naturally expired.
The four Earmark stores cater to local patrons only and are a completely separate division from the online store operation. Furthermore they cannot accept unsecured credit card sales over the phone.
Via the online phone and email the responses have been prompt as I have the email history to confirm this. Our staff is often busy helping other customers and are not sitting around waiting for your personal calls or correspondences.
You have made an incredibly simple transaction complicated due to your own anxiety. Chill out and follow the simplist of instructions and everything will go smooth.

David
Earmark Marine

EarmarkMarine
07-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Ed,

I have sent you 5 email responses today alone prior to your order.

I'm glad you got the order placed and everything worked out. Thanks for your order!

Odin
Earmark Marine

EarmarkMarine
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes Ed, I completely understand your defensiveness given that you've been called out. You had already been provided with concise instructions and you made a process difficult that customers routinely negotiate problem free. I believe everyone sees through this situation for exactly what it is.
Again i think its a shame that you're abusing a moderator position this way.
Countless consumers on many forums praise our service. For example, take a look at TheMalibuCrew today. And review the other member comments on this forum.

David
Earmark Marine

jester
07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Ed G,
I believe as a moderator that you even have a higher level of responsibility in representing things accuately. Its also a shame when you use your position as a manipulative tool for personal gain.

I hate to hijack this thread but I am kind of appalled by the responses of Earmark Marine. They did not start by saying how can we help a customer place an order they started by going into Ed saying that he has a higher level or responsibility. Ed is a customer, a great member of the Moomba family and he also keeps the spammers at bay. He is just posting his 1st dealings with your company as many of us do with your company and other company’s we choice to do business with. From the responses I have seen today I see that Earmark Marine does not want to help their customers right away. I have never done business with Earmark Marine but because what I have seen today I will never do business with Earmark Marine. It is all about customer service and just the posts from Earmark Marine have shown me this is not what they are about.

Another note. A correct response to Ed would have been " Ed I understand your issues. Why don't you call me directly and we can get this figured out and corrected for you." Just my 2c.

brain_rinse
07-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the words in my corner jester, but truth is, we need to let this post go.

It's sole intent is to let the Moomba Community know that the Kicker Dual zone remote level control is now available and not to be an advertisement of where to buy it.

Good product. It'll help a lot of us :)
Yes, yes, and yes