PDA

View Full Version : Fly High Pro X 1100lb sac

TL7
05-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Who's using it? Thinking about swapping out the surf side 750 for one of these. Anyone got any first hand input? My thought is I can set the timers to fill both bags to 750lbs, then when we empty the starboard side go ahead and fill the port the rest of the way up for surfing.

My biggest question is how it fits. The 750 fills the area pretty well in the 2010 LSV as it is...this one is 4" taller and 4" wider but length is the same (20"). Is there really enough room back there to fill it completely? If not, is it worth it?

you da man
05-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm going from the 565 to the 1100 next week so I can let you know by next weekend.

cab13367
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm going from the 565 to the 1100 next week so I can let you know by next weekend.

Rear lockers are not the same size on XLV vs LSV.

I don't think you're going to be able to get the full 1100 in the LSV and it may push on the divider panel between the rear locker and the engine. And the gas strut bracket may hit it on top. Is the surf wake not tall enuff for ya with the 750?

sandm
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
granted my locker is different than yours, but the 1100 fills every square inch of that compartment. it's nice, and even begins to push the top out..

to cab's point tho, I did have to reinforce the brackets on the divider panels to the engine compartment. I would recommend everyone do this if you are going to max out your ballast compartment. if you pull out the factory screws, you will see that the ones on the divider are only 1/2 inch. hardly long enough with a ballast bag pushing on it..
cheap insurance..

ssmith
05-28-2010, 07:19 AM
I put them in my 2005 21V and it works great. I'm guessing that its filling around 850-900lbs. However, a buddy also installed them on his 2007 LSV and his lockers are larger. They fit in there great. They do not hit the gas strut bracket and there is plenty of room. It does push the divider in so he installed some long "L" brackets on the inside of the divider (engine side) to strengthen it. It looks like he could completely fill the sac, IMO. Regardless, its the best way to optimize what space you have. We both also had to extend the ballast hose fill line. However, I believe the newer model have longer hose. Especially since you already have the 750lb sac, I wouldn't think that would be an issue for you.