PDA

View Full Version : Tower speaker covers

you da man
05-26-2010, 11:25 PM
FYI - Alot of us have invested alot of money in our boat's stereo system so it makes sense to protect the expensive tower speakers. I just scored two pair of Speaker Sox for my Bullet HLCD speakers on ebay for $24.99 a pair with only $2 shipping. Sorry, I did the "buy it now" on the only two auctions but I'm sure there will be more. $24.99 is half price of the Speaker Sox compared to retail on their official website. Tower Socks makes a tower speaker and rack kit as well for a great price...$55 I think.

Brianinpdx
05-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Sorry you had to kick for sox! XM7's come with a pair of zippered neoprene wetsox for free! They even have handles built into them so you can carry the speakers home easily. muahaha! Or if your like Mandely, you can leave the sox in your cubby and watch the rain beat down on your speakers for days on end. lol!

Ok, just giving you a hard time. Sox are a good thing for all tower speakers. protects bugs on the long drives and also the speaker enclosures for long term exposure. I highly recommend taking care of your investment :)

-Brian
Exile Audio

you da man
05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
For the life of me I don't see how people can stand to look outside and see rain, cold, dust, dirt, and bird poop degrade their speakers, muchless the amps in the boat as well. Glad my boat is always cozy and dry. I didn't mind paying for the sox since I was lucky to catch the 40% off sale on the Bullet HP's

viking
05-27-2010, 12:27 AM
I didn't mind paying for the sox since I was lucky to catch the 40% off sale on the Bullet HP's

AMEN..........I've been waiting for that sale again so I can score some!!
Dave - hint hint hint :)

mmandley
05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry you had to kick for sox! XM7's come with a pair of zippered neoprene wetsox for free! They even have handles built into them so you can carry the speakers home easily. muahaha! Or if your like Mandely, you can leave the sox in your cubby and watch the rain beat down on your speakers for days on end. lol!

Ok, just giving you a hard time. Sox are a good thing for all tower speakers. protects bugs on the long drives and also the speaker enclosures for long term exposure. I highly recommend taking care of your investment :)

-Brian
Exile Audio

Since your calling me out here buddy, lets remind someone who owns a company that said" We got new improved ones comming in and when they do you can have some" Seeing how my zippers don't work on 2 of them it looks pretty dumb to have a 4 some and only 2 sox.

2007 Outback V
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
If I'm not using my XM7s I put the wetsoxs on, pull down the speakers and stow them away. Takes no time at all, no since and letting the sun beat on them. Also, I am tall, and tend to hit my head on them, and the speaker always wins ;)

sandm
05-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't understand how when towing bugs are going to be an issue on the actual speakers, and the metal cans should be designed to clean up.. for those that keep boats stored indoors, speaker sox seem kind of like a waste?
now if you have a lift or store outdoors, I totally understand..

EarmarkMarine
05-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Viking,

Got a HollowPoint Promo going on right now. Just check the site. Will include the covers too. Take it to email if you don't mind.

David
Earmark Marine

Razzman
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't understand how when towing bugs are going to be an issue on the actual speakers, and the metal cans should be designed to clean up.. for those that keep boats stored indoors, speaker sox seem kind of like a waste?
now if you have a lift or store outdoors, I totally understand..

Come tow your boat were i live! By the time i get to the lake in the summer the forward facing section of the box is covered in nice big gooey bugs that take forever to remove, a cover is mandantory believe me! :p

kaneboats
05-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I have to pass through a low lying area between two swampy lakes for about 8-10 miles. You just about can't see the back of the speaker cans if you pass through there at 7-8 pm. And that's not even considering "love bug" season. I think I'll start on my sox tonight.

Newty, what material did you use on yours?

NewmbaTX
05-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Where do I purchase Exile components from? I like the look and features of the XM7's for towers.. the website doesn't seem to have a "dealer" link or a way to purchase on site.. where can I get some? Thanks

mmandley
05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Where do I purchase Exile components from? I like the look and features of the XM7's for towers.. the website doesn't seem to have a "dealer" link or a way to purchase on site.. where can I get some? Thanks

Email Brain direct at [email protected]

He just needs to know your location and he can get you hooked with a Dealer near you.

NewmbaTX
06-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the info Mike. Brian at Exile was very helpful and entertaining.

I've got 4 XM7's, a Harpoon and throttle boxes ordered and plans working for the rest of the boat!! Stuff ain't cheap! but from what I have heard and read, they're worth it.

I have to ask, I'm trying to decide...How is it having that 12" 1500w sub blast at your legs under cockpit??? But your boat is COOL!!!, I have to say.

maybe I'll join in the forum threads and post pics of befores/ afters of the upgrade, seems fun and lots of poeple to help out if I have any problems...!

Thanks again!!

mmandley
06-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info Mike. Brian at Exile was very helpful and entertaining.

I have to ask, I'm trying to decide...How is it having that 12" 1500w sub blast at your legs under cockpit??? But your boat is COOL!!!, I have to say.

Thanks again!!

I get asked this alot LOL. 1500 watts is only when the volume is down let me tell ya LOL. We have tested and tested this amp and sub combo and it is way under rated. Kinda like the muscle cars of the late 60s. This amp is pumping a cool and steady 1800 watts all day, it was maxed at 3600 during sound testing. So much power the speaker was getting hot and Brian said turn it down before we melt the voice coil LOL.

As for cranking it up in the boat, nothing is better bro, nothing is better. I run my system at 75% most of the time while the boat is in motion and hit that musical 100% when a solid jam is on. Ive already been told by people they can hear me all the way across the Henry Hagg lake. < granted its not a big lake > lol.

When im driving and that sub is pounding i honestly don't feel it with all the other things going on.

Course once i got my boat done it was jsut wrong on so many levels to drive my truck with a factory stereo so its been Exiled out too LOL.

Truck now has 4 sets of components in the front doors and rear pillars. a 12 shallow mount Rockford sub. 400.4 exile running the cabins and a 500.1 dropped to 2ohm making 1K watts. Not as loud as the boat but does the job.

Court
06-10-2017, 01:21 AM
Looking for Speaker Covers, need at least two, believe 6" Round covers for 2009 Moomba Mobius, email or IM if you have them or know where I can get them.
Thanks.