PDA

View Full Version : Binding Lube?

Waynes345
05-26-2010, 03:10 PM
What do you guys use for binding lube, if anything? My son and I were both have trouble sliding into our new boots and I bought a bottle of foot slick at about $9 a bottle. Would a cheap biodegradable soap do the same job? Never had to worry about it before, but I'm sure somebody else has.

dusty2221
05-26-2010, 03:14 PM
I have a bottom of "Slime" from our local board shop, but before I had that we just kept a bottle of Dawn Hand Soap in the boat. It worked about the same, but the slime feels like it rinses off cleaner once you are in vs staying slick

maxpower220
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
I buy the cheapest dish soap from walmart. Works great.

Don't use it much now that I have Hinge Tech bindings.

viking
05-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I've got some Moose Juice and then have the binding lube that came with my "bucket of babes" but haven't tried that yet!

zabooda
05-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm slimed here and I agree the dishsoap doesn't come off as well. I used to use a silicone spray with no issues.

saskie99
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
use the cheapest shave gel or foam you can find. It rinses away way faster and easier than soap. I have tried everything you can think of and shave gel is by far the best and most economical!

brain_rinse
05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
With the Ronix bindings I don't need it, but still keep some Moose Juice around for the older style bindings.

moombabound
05-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Bought a bottle of Moose Juice from an exhibitor at the Water Ski Worlds in Calgary last year. It is far superior than either of the two brands I'd purchased from the local dealer previously.

deerfield
05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Found myself without binding lube, so used suntan lotion that was in the glove compartment. Worked fine. Normally have a bottle of Slime. Both work about the same.

you da man
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Boot Butter

jeffrogge
05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
We go to Walmart and buy the huge bottle of cocoa butter lotion for about $2.00 and everyone likes it better than moose juice.

Mikey
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
I've tryed about 4 different brands and they all work about the same.I've heard about shavegel as well but usually buy whatever or if i remember i get refills at one of the local shops slightly cheaper. Found some on sale ,clearout at Walmart one year so stocked up but am running low so need to restock.

ian ashton
05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I bought a NewtShooter and it works great, plus we don't have to dig around to find it, since its mounted and has a hose.

Sled491
05-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't like slime, bought 2 big bottles last year on clear out from Cabellas, it works just not as good as boot butter. The babes boot butter is awsum. Shaving cream washes away just way to fast for me, sometimes it is gone before I even get my foot in. In the past I used Vasaline all the time, I like it because you don't have to reapply all the time and with double high wraps it made ejecting easier on the knees.

BensonWdby
05-30-2010, 12:15 AM
We just buy cheap shampoo. Use sparingly. It always seems like someone wants to wash their hair in the boat so it does double duty. Not eco friendly maybe - but on our lake there is a good chance we are the only ones using anything... Mostly tubers....

BREFTR
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
use the cheapest shave gel or foam you can find. It rinses away way faster and easier than soap. I have tried everything you can think of and shave gel is by far the best and most economical!

I AGREE !!! The cheapest shaving cream is the best way to go. As soon as it hits the water it is gone.