PDA

View Full Version : Tower Foot Pad LSV

danimal365
05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I know others are having problems with their tower foot pads. I tried to do a search for a fix but came up dry. Does anybody on here know what we can do to fix them? Mine really shifted out this weekend.

BWeber
05-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Had this happen on my 09' LSV a few weeks after owning it. Dealer sent me new pads at the end of last season. I just got them on this past weekend. One thing I notices while replacing them is that some of the tower bolts were not that tight. One reason for the shifting could be caused by a loose tower. If you cant get access to new pads, I would recommend loosing the bolts one leg at a time and re-adjusting the pads and making sure you get it tightened down real good. Might even add some adhesive between the tower and the pads.

danimal365
05-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

04OUTBACK
05-31-2010, 07:17 PM
i'd suggest adding a second nut on the back of the tower leg bolts. i have replaced mine already and still have issues. that is my next plan!

4fish4
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
I had the same problem on my LSV but instead of my buying new pads at the dealer, I found a old conveyor belt and I cut it to the same size of my old pads. It had the same thinkness but it had fibers to reinforce the rubber. Making it much stronger, so when there was vibrations of the tower pads, the screws would not eat away throught the rubber keeping the pads in place. The conveyor belt from an old assembly line are easy to cut but untearable.
I also use some marine silicone ( $20 a tube, thick and sticky like hell ) and 2 bolts on each screw tower.
They will never move again.

squeeg333
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I've noticed my pads are starting to slide out also. Are the pads built with thru holes, or are they made so there's a 'slot' for where the bolts are, so you can slide them in and out? I'm just cuirous if when you replace them, if you have the bolts on the feet of the tower all the way out, or if you can just loosen them and pull the pad out?

adsman
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I have replaced my pads after two seasons... Talked to my dealer and they said that you need to tighten the tower bolts FREQUENTLY to prevent the pads from shifting...

I have looked at the shifting pads as a great indicator that your tower bolts need to be tightened... If not you run the risk of loose bolts and cracked gelcoat...