PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump

SkiBoy
05-25-2010, 10:35 AM
99 outback pumpm pn152875.

Anyone know if the Carter P4070 will work in place of the 152875?

Thanks.

JesseC
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Not sure about the part number that you have there. That appears to be an automotive fuel pump. The part number that I have (I have not replaced one yet, but got the part number from another member) is Carter 180-P4389. It is described as a marine fuel pump.

Be sure to check yours against this one though. I have not bought one yet.

Here is one from a quick search, let us know where to find one cheaper!!!
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4389/

Waynes345
05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
99 outback pumpm pn152875.

Anyone know if the Carter P4070 will work in place of the 152875?

Thanks.

I had to replace mine two years ago ('99 Outback PCM 5.7L 350). This is what I replaced it with:

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080018

SkiBoy
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
99 outback pump pn 152875

I found the exact Carter pump I needed at Napa (Auto Parts) for $80.95. It has the same part number and is packaged the same as the Skidim model. I put it on and the boat's performance was much better. The old one had been failing for about a year. It is an auto pump and was used for a few years on some Camaro models.

I vent the cowling in the hotter part of summer and have not had any vapor lock issues since then. I remove the bilge cover on the floor for extra air flow, and sometime raise the cowling an inch or so to let more air in. I also lift the cowling and let the engine compartment cool off between runs.

Thanks for the reply.

AaronWhitt82
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
99 outback pump pn 152875

I found the exact Carter pump I needed at Napa (Auto Parts) for $80.95. It has the same part number and is packaged the same as the Skidim model. I put it on and the boat's performance was much better. The old one had been failing for about a year. It is an auto pump and was used for a few years on some Camaro models.

I vent the cowling in the hotter part of summer and have not had any vapor lock issues since then. I remove the bilge cover on the floor for extra air flow, and sometime raise the cowling an inch or so to let more air in. I also lift the cowling and let the engine compartment cool off between runs.

Thanks for the reply.

I just ordered a new one from Summit Racing. Carter P4389 Marine Series. It was $117 with shipping.
Make sure the one you bought is MARINE APPROVED otherwise your asking for problems.....
I alo bought some Thermo heat tape and wrapped the fuel lines with it to help prevent vapor lock.