PDA

View Full Version : Dealer service times

you da man
05-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Just wondering how far behind is your dealer as far as getting service done. I just called my dealer for 20hr service and they are 2-2.5 weeks behind. They said they have over 70 boats in for service. I'll be out of town this weekend so he said since I was a customer they have a priority list to cut any wait time in half.

cbboarder
05-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I was planning on bring the OBV in on Tuesday after the holiday for the 20hr. Sounds like I might need to make a phone call before the 70 mile trip.

Razzman
05-24-2010, 07:37 PM
My experience is as follows; NEVER expect your boat to get serviced right away, it won't happen. Call WAY in advance of when you need it done or you won't have it when you need it. Dealers are VERY busy starting now and everybody does the same thing, waits until the last minute to do their service instead of planning ahead. NEVER EVER just go to the dealer without calling and expect it quick, they'll laugh at you. The last time i had the dealer service the boat i called a month ahead and made an appointment for a specific day and had at the end of the next day, still took them two full days to do it.

mmandley
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Razz experience with not being able to get anything done at this time a year is exactly why i had the 100hr done last month 30hrs in advance. Now i can enjoy the boat all summer.