PDA

View Full Version : Crazy, crazy weather!

Razzman
05-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Late May and our first outing due to crazy weather, we're normally out by late April! We we're at New Hogan Res this last weekend from Friday through Sunday and it was freaking brutal! 20-25mph winds, 38 degrees overnight and cloudy with a spot of rain, water temp of 66! Daytime temps never hit 70, this time of year we normally are 85-90!

Here's how the boat spent Friday and Sunday at the lake, we made it out Saturday at least although the kids said the water was brutal, glad for the heater! When the sun did come out everyone took advantage of it! Glad i brought the cover along in the rear locker! Blasted geese flying all over bombing everything! Nailed the truck good but somehow they missed the boat! A few shots ...

sandm
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
you aren't kidding on the weather. we got snow on saturday, some locations saw 16" of fresh wet snow. last couple of years, weather was in the high70's to 80's and we had already logged many weekend outings. have only seen a couple of days and no real recreation.. betting tho when the weather does finally change, it's going to be a lightswitch(hoping..)

deerfield
05-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Razz - Nice pics. Glad you and the family got out on the water. I envy what looks like a lake you had all to yourselves. - Deerfield

New Guy
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
So you guys know I got in the truck this afternoon and it said 90, definitely not typical for Wisconsin but we'll gladly take it.

cab13367
05-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I feel your pain Razz. Been the same here in the NW. We are going out to Lake Billy Chinook in Oregon this Thursday thru Monday and they are calling for wet weather, high in the 60's and water temp reported to be in the low 50's! We reserved a couple of cabins 9 months ago and the sis-in-law is coming up from TX so we are committed.

Razzman
05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I feel your pain Razz. Been the same here in the NW. We are going out to Lake Billy Chinook in Oregon this Thursday thru Monday and they are calling for wet weather, high in the 60's and water temp reported to be in the low 50's! We reserved a couple of cabins 9 months ago and the sis-in-law is coming up from TX so we are committed.

Yeah we're going to Bullards Bar Res (http://www.bullardsbar.com/index.cfm) June 9th for five days and we're praying for decent weather. Check the link, the water just hit 62! We would normally be 70 + water temp by now!

rmckenney
05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I hear you Razzman - We've taken our boat out three times so far this season (once on the Sac River and twice at Camp Far West). Didn't take it out this last weekend...pretty bummed about that. Hopefully we'll be back on the river this weekend and another trip to Camp Far West. Headed to Shasta on the 10th through the 14th. Fingers are crossed!

Razzman
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Razz - Nice pics. Glad you and the family got out on the water. I envy what looks like a lake you had all to yourselves. - Deerfield

Yeah other than the two other boats with us it was pretty much deserted but for a few other boats.

Razzman
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I hear you Razzman - We've taken our boat out three times so far this season (once on the Sac River and twice at Camp Far West). Didn't take it out this last weekend...pretty bummed about that. Hopefully we'll be back on the river this weekend and another trip to Camp Far West. Headed to Shasta on the 10th through the 14th. Fingers are crossed!

Shasta is full to the brim, literally. They'll be dumping over the spillway any day now. Water will be cold though.