PDA

View Full Version : Center Ballast Tank Wont Drain!

jokid
05-24-2010, 11:40 AM
My center ballst tank has decided not to drain. I can feel the pump and hear it running when I flip the switch but no water seems to come out. I actually felt down pretty far and discovered there is some water in the actual ski locker. Could the pump be pumping the water into my ski locker? I cant really get to the pump because the ballast tank is nearly full therefore I am unable to lift the tank to see what the pump is doing. Suggestions on how to get the water out of the tank without having to buy a pump? Any thoughts on why the pump would not drain?

cab13367
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
My center ballst tank has decided not to drain. I can feel the pump and hear it running when I flip the switch but no water seems to come out. I actually felt down pretty far and discovered there is some water in the actual ski locker. Could the pump be pumping the water into my ski locker? I cant really get to the pump because the ballast tank is nearly full therefore I am unable to lift the tank to see what the pump is doing. Suggestions on how to get the water out of the tank without having to buy a pump? Any thoughts on why the pump would not drain?

Did you follow the hose from the bag to the pump and from the pump to the thru hull to make sure it's not kinked or leaking?

kaneboats
05-24-2010, 03:32 PM
You can always pull the hose off an let it drain into the bilge. Might want to shoot a little Dawn detergent in there and give it a cleaning at the same time.