PDA

View Full Version : Walk thru Windshield Hinge

mimoomba
05-24-2010, 10:06 AM
My hinge pin broke on the walk thru windshield. I was able to get the pieces of the pin removed, and it looks like everything else is ok. Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do to replace it? I haven't called SC yet, figured I'd talk to those in the know. It almost looks like you could use a bicycle spoke on it.
Thanks in advance for the help.

walb0244
05-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I haven't had mine break but it probably won't be long till it ends up getting bent and broke. It won't stay down in the hinge. It works it ways out and sticks out. People end up catching stuff on it.

kaneboats
05-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Somebody suggested putting a slight bend in it to make it kind of "spring loaded". Not sure if this works. There was a thread with other suggestions too. I'd say this was in the last 6 months or so.

mimoomba
06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
well, so far no luck coming up with anything. SC says it isn't something they handle, they suggested calling Taylor Made, but haven't recieved an email reply or phone reply as of yet. What does everyone think about making my own out of brass? I found a 1/8 brass rod that I think I could peen one end larger, and knurl the other end to make work. I'm just not sure about any corrosion between the rod and the windshield.