village inn for breakfast
hit the lake about 9:30
surfed till I was tired
pulled the kids on the tubes
off the lake by 12:30
had a smoked cheeseburger for lunch
hit the pool for the afternoon
now,ready for bed

and found out my daughters friend's family are buying a Moomba-older model-its there 1st towboat

zegm
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Moombadaze sounds like you had a Great Time!
We hit the lake at 1:00 and finally had to return home at about 5:30ish when the gas gauge started sticking on E for a while! I need to go buy 2 more six gallon gas cans. Right now I have 2 and we can get this to last about 4 hours. We slalom skied down the course, we kneeboarded, we wakeboarded and we surfed! MrsZ and little Z did awesome on the surfboard. I think having 6 people sitting on that side of the boat really helped. And what is cool about that is when we are done surfing we don't have to empty bags people just move back to their seats! :D

deerfield
05-23-2010, 10:41 PM
had a smoked cheeseburger

Tell me more. How is not the same as a grilled burger?

kaneboats
05-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Like to hear that too about the smoked one.

We did not get out this weekend. With 2 cheerleaders on staff and one full blown "get to know your new team" cheer party on Sat. it was just impossible. Today I had to cover ticket sales at church for the Low Country Boil event I chair. I had to replace the alternator on the Mustang and then we got some pool time and homemade beer at my brother's. Next weekend I have to get out, but not on the holiday. Too many amateurs!!!!

walb0244
05-23-2010, 11:19 PM
We hit the lake yesterday. Boy what fun. We got on the lake at 1400 and didn't get off the lake till 2000. So we were on there for 6 hours. Had a blast. :D

moombadaze
05-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Tell me more. How is not the same as a grilled burger?

we have a little smoker, low heat and lots of smoke-burgers have the best flavor, takes about a hour to cook so you cant be in a rush-and hotdogs and bratts come out awsum also.

rc5695
05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
We ran about 3 hours yesterday, just riding around mostly. I wakeboarded a couple runs, but the kids just wanted to swim??? Didn't have much gas left anyways... Planning on putting lots of hours on this weekend, depending on weather...

deerfield
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
I removed the carpet (and tack strips) from every room in the house (except bedrooms) and went to the dump...Next weekend - tiling the house.

Ed - Why the change to tile form carpet? Sounds like a lot of work. - Deerfield

kaneboats
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
It's hard to explain how carpet doesn't stay nice in FL. The dirt here is different-- more coarse or something due to sandy soil- anytime the air is off you can get mildew. Carpet lasts less than half as long even when you try to take care of it. With pets it's even worse.

maxpower220
05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Not mention, tile is cheaper, cooler, and better for allergies.

moombadaze
05-24-2010, 04:10 PM
im down to just one bedroom (spare room)with carpet and our closet, this coming winter I hope to have that carpet gone also.

moombadaze
05-25-2010, 01:24 PM
you should see how much dirt gets trapped in a carpet - I was totally amazed and shocked.

When I ripped up the carpet in my girls room, I swear there was a beach under the carpet :mad: