PDA

View Full Version : XLV 04 - floor carpet - what to do

LyndonH Dubai
05-22-2010, 06:43 AM
the carpet on the floor of my boat is starting to get in a bad condition with what looks like rust stains etc
i prefer the fibreglass floor in a boat, but my carpet appears to be stuck to the floor which appears to be MDF?
any ideas on adding alternate floor coverings or replacing the carpet etc
how easy is it to do?
has anyone ever put like a non slip vinyl on the floor for ease of cleaning etc, or do you think this is not possible?
just some ideas or others experience would be good to hear?
cheers

mmandley
05-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Not sure about your rust stains partner. The carpet is attached tot he floor with super sticky adhesive. The floor is fiberglass. Nothing in a Moomba is wood or a wood product. This is why they give you a lifetime rot warranty. Nothing to rot LOL.

I have seen a few posts on people replacing the carpet but remember the carpet runs under your seats and up the hull on the inside.

you da man
05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Replace the carpet with Seadek like they have in the Epic boats. It looks pretty good and feels good on the feet when I test drove one.

LyndonH Dubai
05-24-2010, 12:09 AM
thanks guys
i think i would prefer something like seadek anyway, make it easier to clean etc
do this not get really hot in the hotter months under your feet?
also, do you know of any posts etc on where to purchase this stuff from, the costs and then also how to install it and maintain it etc?

you da man
05-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Seadek website has prices (I believe on sheets/rolls). It comes in various colors so the light gray would be best for not getting as hot as the black.