PDA

View Full Version : Float bowl on carb

polar21
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Anyone know how to drain the bowl on a holley carb to clear out some debris? I took the 4 bolts off the primary and noticed that there is a lever on the starboard side...there is also a bowl thing at the bottom of the primary that attaches to the lever as well. If anyone has any ideas let me know, other than that I am back to looking at schematics online trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

AaronWhitt82
05-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Anyone know how to drain the bowl on a holley carb to clear out some debris? I took the 4 bolts off the primary and noticed that there is a lever on the starboard side...there is also a bowl thing at the bottom of the primary that attaches to the lever as well. If anyone has any ideas let me know, other than that I am back to looking at schematics online trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

That "lever" and "bowl" you are talking about is the accelerator pump which squirts a shot of fuel into the carb when you pump the throttle.
You might need to tap the bowl slightly to get it loose as the gaskets like to stick.
You DO NOT need to remove the accelerator pump to remove the primary fuel bowl.
When you re-install the bowl just make sure the "lever" goes back under that screw and spring which are connected to the throttle linkage.

Here is a video that explains the acc. pump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6YGxVTW5Y

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Good stuff. Nice post! I was fortunate enough to have the carbed 2000 O/B that never needed anything but I still read every word I could about them so I'd be ready.