PDA

View Full Version : Inland Surfer Black Pearl ????

mk_deuce
05-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Im looking at the Black Pearl yellow & was wondering, for those of you who have experience with this board, if this would be okay for beginners runing a 07 mobius w/ stock gravity ballast? Almost everyone riding it would be under 200lbs but none of us have ever wakesurfed. I've heard the inland surfers are harder to learn on and go ropeless but didnt know if it was hearsay. I know they make a beginner board (squirt) but I dont like buying things and then upgrading 6 months later after I get some experience. The only other board I am considering right now is the CWB Tsunami.

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
All of the Inland Surfer boards are of excellent quality. I can't say I have experience with the Black Pearl, but I'd wager you'd have a right time riding it, savvy? :)

ssmith
05-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Friend of mine bought one just a few weeks ago and its an amazing board. This is our second season wakesurfing and it is a totally diff feel compared to my LF Venture board. It is harder to free ride with it IMO comparatively speaking. The LF Venture is soooo easy. However the IS gives you the ability to do any surface trick you want. You will not outgrow the IS but you will the LF Venture. The LF Venture will always stay on the boat for beginners...because it is that easy. We also are running over 2000 lbs ballast while surfing so not sure how the IS would do on stock ballast. Maybe someone else will chime in. Also, we all weigh around 190 lbs.

ToddXLV
05-22-2010, 11:35 AM
My buddy has a black pearl and he loves it. I feel it is a too buyont making it hard to start out of the water. But I am a beginner crossing over to intermediate. I have a Ronix Caption 4'8" and love it to death. Easy to trick and very stable. You can free ride with it and find the pocket quite easily as well.