PDA

View Full Version : Nice deal on a Grindwater Shaka

04OUTBACK
05-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Don't know anyone who has ridden one of these, but this is Darin Shapiro's company he started last year..
Looks like a cool board.. and a great deal

http://www.thedailysteal.com/

time limited if you are interested..

you da man
05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
That's a hell of a deal. Shapiro's boards have been getting some pretty good reviews. They have a great shaper. The new Ginsu board looks great and has gotten really good reviews...a little pricey even for me.

mmandley
05-21-2010, 08:50 AM
The deal is already gone.

cab13367
05-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Don't know anyone who has ridden one of these, but this is Darin Shapiro's company he started last year..
Looks like a cool board.. and a great deal

http://www.thedailysteal.com/

time limited if you are interested..

Brad,

thanks for the heads up! Saw ur post last night and ordered one. I'll let everyone know how she rides when I get it.

This means I will have a like new CWB Ride for sale in a couple weeks :)

Al

cab13367
05-21-2010, 12:18 PM
anybody have a copy of the deal?

Copy? As in how much? Was $235 + only $5 shipping. Just got an email saying my board has shipped! Can't wait. It's a handshaped board just like my React so it should be light and fast.

moombadaze
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
well if you can be persuasive enough let me know

04OUTBACK
05-21-2010, 06:32 PM
they have a store behind the daily deal..
http://www.wateroutfitters.com/wakesurfers/c1000000749/grind-water-shaka-wake-surfer-2009-p185786.html

They have run a few grindwater things lately.. keep an eye out maybe another grindwater come up!

there is a Slaysh on there too

stretch55
05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Brad,

thanks for the heads up! Saw ur post last night and ordered one. I'll let everyone know how she rides when I get it.

This means I will have a like new CWB Ride for sale in a couple weeks :)

Al

Al what kind of deal can you work for your ol'buddy stretch...:-D

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Lord knows I don't need any more boards - but I might buy one of those broadcasts if I could find it for about $150.00

Another believer!!!!! There's just something fun about the Broadcast. Lots of different folks can ride it and it's just fun to ride no matter how good you are. I still say it's the best starter boart that becomes a "keeper" not just to share with beginners but to ride yourself because it stays fun!

cab13367
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
FYI, this board is on sale again, for $250 + $5 shipping at thedailysteal.com. I got one when they were on sale for $235 + $5 (thanks for the heads up, Brad!) and love the board. It's very fast and handles great. See the short vid of me riding the board below. A couple of warnings though: First, it appears to be a very fragile board. The first one I got had several compression dings on the bottom so I had then send me another. It also had a couple of dings, but very minor, so I kept it. I noticed today that there is now a nice ding on to top of the board. I know exactly how that one got there - my son thru the surf rope at me and one of the knots (not the handle, our rope does not have a handle) on the rope hit the top of the board and that's all it took. My React board, which is also surfboard type construction, does not have a single ding on it and I've had it a couple of years now.

Second, the board is very thick. It will not fit completely in my dbot5 wakesurf rack which is 2-1/8" between the forks. It will go down most of the way but stops about 2" short of the bottom of the rack. By contrast, my React fit with plenty to spare. But this thickness also accounts for the board being very fast and allows you to get back in the sweet spot from the back of the wave. That and the non-skid they use is very thick.

I would still highly recommend the board though. You just have to be real careful with it and make sure you have a rack with at least 2-1/4" between the forks.

Al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR3HKsrZmN4

you da man
06-28-2010, 02:04 AM
FYI, this board is on sale again, for $250 + $5 shipping at thedailysteal.com. I got one when they were on sale for $235 + $5 (thanks for the heads up, Brad!) and love the board. It's very fast and handles great. See the short vid of me riding the board below. A couple of warnings though: First, it appears to be a very fragile board. The first one I got had several compression dings on the bottom so I had then send me another. It also had a couple of dings, but very minor, so I kept it. I noticed today that there is now a nice ding on to top of the board. I know exactly how that one got there - my son thru the surf rope at me and one of the knots (not the handle, our rope does not have a handle) on the rope hit the top of the board and that's all it took. My React board, which is also surfboard type construction, does not have a single ding on it and I've had it a couple of years now.

Second, the board is very thick. It will not fit completely in my dbot5 wakesurf rack which is 2-1/8" between the forks. It will go down most of the way but stops about 2" short of the bottom of the rack. By contrast, my React fit with plenty to spare. But this thickness also accounts for the board being very fast and allows you to get back in the sweet spot from the back of the wave. That and the non-skid they use is very thick.

I would still highly recommend the board though. You just have to be real careful with it and make sure you have a rack with at least 2-1/4" between the forks.

Al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR3HKsrZmN4

I wish I could get a hold of a gently used Shred Stixx Piranha for cheap. Shred Stixx are light, float very well, fast, but are surprisingly very tough boards. That's kind of a turn off getting compression dings for a rope knot.