PDA

View Full Version : Front playpen cushion problem

trevormcfar
05-20-2010, 12:13 AM
I have an 08 XLV with the front factory playpen. For some reason, the cushions in the front (specifically the middle and the sides) do not seem to fit snug. Sometimes when stepping on them, the cushions collapse into the storage space below.... I moved them around to see if there is a better fit... trying to get all sides of the cushion on the fiberglass. It works sometimes, but every now and again the cushions move and the same problem occurs. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?

you da man
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM
My 08 XLV cushions in the bow are nice and very snug.

newty
05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
You may need to unscrew the the little blocks on the bottom of the seat and move them a little further away from the edge of the seat. That will make them fit more snugly as well as make the backs of the seat sit on the seat base more securely.

kaneboats
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
You can also pop the seams on your cushions and add some foam padding to "fatten" them up. Use stainless staples when you put them back together (or use an upholstery shop to do this).

Ian Brantford
05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Hos is the fit of the center windshield? Years ago, some Moombas had issues with the hull spreading a bit after manufacture. The symptom was most obvious where the center section of windshield closes, because a gap appeared.

On my 2005 XLV, the front cushions are still snug.

rmckenney
05-20-2010, 11:22 AM
What did Moomba say was the problem? Was it on their entire line of boats or just specific models? I have no problems with my XLV, just curious...every boat manufacturer has a design oopsy here and there.

jetpilot2002
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
My 08 XLV did the same thing, all three of the cushions would fall into the storage compartments, so I took it to the dealer and they extended the blocks underneath the cushions and the fit snug and tight now.
________
Best portable vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

Aquaholic
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I had the very same problem with my XLV in the beginning and the fix is that one of the corner cushion as been shoved to far under the the side cushion. remove them both and make sure that they are reinstalled equally. The center will stop falling in when both side cushions are equall.

Aqua

drewsky
05-21-2010, 01:24 PM
My fix was really super easy.

The blocks that are on the Cushions need to be moved to the outside of the cushions (away from the center cushion).

I tried Reinforcing the cushions with plastic blocks, Telling drunk girls to not dance in the front, But nothing worked. :D

Moving those centering blocks on the teardrop shaped cushions so that they push the cushion towards the center cushion of the boat was the fix, and it also helped keep the center cushion from falling in.

If you need pics, PM me.

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Telling drunk girls to not dance in the front . . . If you need pics, PM me.

What the 'ell is a matter with you? And we definitely need pics to be able to judge this fairly. So be sure to post them forthwith.