PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Switch, need some help

dereklschmidt
05-19-2010, 11:13 AM
2000 Moomba Mob V

Hey guys, I screwed up. I was unhooking my depth finder to pull it out of the boat to clean it up, inside screen was dirty. Anyway, I pulled off a red wire from the switch panel on accident, it was still attached to the ignition switch, just not the circuit board behind the switch panel.

This red wire went to the ignition switch and I'm not sure where it hooked up to the panel at. I thought I found it but every time I hook it up to that the fuel pump kicks in, like you just turned the key on. It will start, but turning the key off does nothing. I have a blue wire, yellow w/ red wire, and the red wire I mentioned as the 3 wires going to the switch. Anybody have a schematic or picture of their ignition switch and what wires go where?

Need to get this figured out by Friday so I can get back on the water, with a working ignition switch. Please help, thanks.

JesseC
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I have an 02 LSV and I will snag a picture for you this evening. I should be leaving work in the next 15 minutes or so.

dereklschmidt
05-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah, a picture or schematic would be great. Thanks.

JesseC
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I tried to take a few pictures, but I always forget how many freakin wires are under there. The first pic is the ignition switcd, the second is where the red wire heads off to and the third is destination of the yellow wire. If these do not help, let me know and I can take other pictures.

Ignition switch
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/wiring0012.jpg

Red wire going to +Battery on back of panel
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/wiring0022.jpg

Yellow wire going to bottom of same panel, if you look at the very top left of the picture that is where the red wire goes, just to the left of the upside down letters "LLICRAF"
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/wiring0032.jpg

dereklschmidt
05-20-2010, 09:03 AM
JesseC, thanks a bunch! That should be exactly what I need. I'll try to look at it tonight and see if I can get it. I'll let you know, thanks again!

kaneboats
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Good work Jesse! JJerrod did the same for me last year and it saved my arse. Thanks again JJ!

dereklschmidt
05-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Jesse, I feel like I should pay YOU!! Your pictures worked perfectly, followed how your switch is wired and where the wires connected and it worked fine. THANKS AGAIN! Can't wait to get on the water tomorrow. THANKS

JesseC
05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Not a problem! Just make sure that you post some pics from your day out on the water and that will be thanks enough! I have not launched yet! Eventually everyone ends up helping each other on the board.

kaneboats
05-21-2010, 10:45 PM
That is what this thing is all about. I think I've noticed even more of a (selfless) helping spirit around here lately. Times are a little tough everywhere. I'm glad to see all you guys helping each other out. That's how I grew up on the water. Really glad to see it here.