PDA

View Full Version : bow light

FearTheElf
05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Late last year I noticed my bow navigation light was no longer working on my 2008 Outback. I changed the bulb, and of course that wasn't the issue. I tried to check the wire connections to the light fixture itself. That sucker is in awkward spot! I can't see it no matter how I try to crane my head in there, let alone be able to get a hand or a tool on it if the connection was loose. I also checked the wire connection at the dash switch, seems fine. Any suggestions?

sandm
05-19-2010, 11:07 AM
can you pull it out? I had to replace mine last year due to hitting a dock and cracking the plastic housing(yes, it was a tall dock) and seems that you just undo a couple of screws and the housing comes up off the boat?

does your tower light work as well? possible circuit breaker issue under the dash?

FearTheElf
05-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I thought I tried to take it out and could only get the lens and the top half off, not the whole light. I'll try again though.

Yes, the tower light still works, no circuit issue.

Canuckle Head
05-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I have the same issue. Will be working on it tominght and will let you know if I get it fixed or not.

FearTheElf
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Actually sandm is correct, you can take the light assembly out of the hull from the top. Not sure how I missed that when I fiddled with it last time. I was able to pull the assmebly out and see where the wire was loose. Now once the battery is charged I can make sure I really fixed it!

killz_2004
07-25-2010, 01:17 PM
where can i get a new bow light for a 1999 moomba kanga? my housing was cracked too!

NewmbaTX
07-25-2010, 06:54 PM
where can i get a new bow light for a 1999 moomba kanga? my housing was cracked too!

I put this one from Wholesale marine, it LED and full cover s/s. Looks good and even cooler atnight with LED's and doesn't get hot when you lean over it when docking or trailering!!

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/I-L-550-1200-7/1800091/Bow+and+Side+Lights/Stainless+Steel+LED+Bi-color+Bow+Navigation+Light.html

You can see what it looks like on my profile if you like...you do have to shoot 2 screws into gelcoat as it is not exact hole match, but all is covered when it completed.

gcnettl
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I am pretty sure I got mine from wal mart. Looked better than the one that was in there. A quick search and sure enough they still carry it.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LED-BI-COLOR-BOW-LIGHT-WH/11071198

The picture does not do it justice. It looks round in the picture but in my mobius LS it fits and looks PERFECT. Looks great.